The Delta V Heavy

Old November 28th 07, 03:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Default The Delta V Heavy

"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
On Nov 24, 5:42 pm, "Scott Hedrick" wrote:
"kT" wrote in message

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Boeing has already successfully demonstrated the water recovery of
an
SSME. So I guess I'm just standing on the toes of giant's, am I not?
Does that include *reuse* of said engine, at less cost than the usual
recovery and refurbishment method? If so, which engine and which
Shuttle
launch?
Parts of it, maybe, who knows.
You should. Haven't you done any actual homework?
Of course I have

Then, let's see which engine(s) were reused on which flight after being
undergoing a water recovery.

I guess expecting any of you idiots to do your own research is just asking
too much from the crackpots :

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/...e.960827a.html

Number 2017. I heard #2019 was a real runner, it even flew all the way to
orbit with a large hydrogen leak.

I missed the *flight number* in that article. On which flight was #*2107*
used after being dunked in water?

I do have SSMEs

What, you bought an SSME at a NASA surplus?

I am a US citizen. As far as I know, I own them.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I haven't
given you permission to use my share.

Old November 28th 07, 03:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:42:51 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Scott
Hedrick" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I do have SSMEs

What, you bought an SSME at a NASA surplus?

I am a US citizen. As far as I know, I own them.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I haven't
given you permission to use my share.

Elifritz has one three hundred millionth share of an SSME. I wonder
how far the moron thinks that will get him to orbit.
Old November 28th 07, 04:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
"kT" wrote in message

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, that was a typo, I think they retired the engine, dontcha think?

I missed the *flight number* in that article. On which flight was #*2107*
used after being dunked in water?

As I indicated, I have no idea, if it was used at all, or even parts of
it, perhaps that could be your homework assignment. All I know is that
they can be dumped in the water and reused again. I'm not even planning
on reusing them again. Hell, I'm not even planning to bring them back,
I'm just going to deliver them to low earth orbit, where they can be
retired in honor. If anything, I'll bring one back on the last shuttle
flight just for the fun of it. You have no idea what is going on.

This whole project is going to pay for itself in a single flight.

I do have SSMEs
What, you bought an SSME at a NASA surplus?

I am a US citizen. As far as I know, I own them.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I haven't
given you permission to use my share.

Of course you haven't, you're an idiot, who prefers to retire them for
40 years, and then bring them back again, for a last ditch effort to
achieve low earth orbit, it will be the space shuttle on steroids!
Old November 28th 07, 04:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:42:51 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Scott
Hedrick" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I do have SSMEs
What, you bought an SSME at a NASA surplus?
I am a US citizen. As far as I know, I own them.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I haven't
given you permission to use my share.

Elifritz has one three hundred millionth share of an SSME. I wonder
how far the moron thinks that will get him to orbit.

All they way to orbit, if I'm the boss - and clearly I am, by default.
Old November 30th 07, 02:17 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"kT" wrote in message
news
Scott Hedrick wrote:
I missed the *flight number* in that article. On which flight was #*2107*
used after being dunked in water?

As I indicated, I have no idea

Exactly.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I
haven't given you permission to use my share.

Of course you haven't

Which didn't stop you from planning on using them without permission, I see.

Old November 30th 07, 02:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"kT" wrote in message

I'm the boss

My 5 year old says the same thing.

Old November 30th 07, 02:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
news
Scott Hedrick wrote:

I missed the *flight number* in that article. On which flight was #*2107*
used after being dunked in water?

As I indicated, I have no idea, if it was used at all, or even parts of it, perhaps that could be your homework assignment.

Exactly.

So, you didn't do any digging. I suppose I could have predicted that.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I
haven't given you permission to use my share.

Of course you haven't, you're an idiot, who prefers to retire them for 40 years, and then bring them back again, for a last ditch effort to achieve low earth orbit, it will be the space shuttle on steroids!

Which didn't stop you from planning on using them without permission, I see.

Actually, I did have permission to propose using them, in the form of
JSC-COTS-2. I reiterate, only an idiot would want to retire the SSMEs.
Old December 1st 07, 06:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
news
Scott Hedrick wrote:

I missed the *flight number* in that article. On which flight was
#*2107* used after being dunked in water?

As I indicated, I have no idea, if it was used at all, or even parts of
it, perhaps that could be your homework assignment.

Exactly.

So, you didn't do any digging.

*I* don't have to. You made the claim, it's your job, which you haven't
done.

I suppose I could have predicted that.

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I
haven't given you permission to use my share.

Of course you haven't, you're an idiot, who prefers to retire them for
40 years, and then bring them back again, for a last ditch effort to
achieve low earth orbit, it will be the space shuttle on steroids!

Which didn't stop you from planning on using them without permission, I
see.

Actually, I did have permission to propose using them

YOu don't need permission to propose anything, it's called "freedom of
speech".

I reiterate, only an idiot would want to retire the SSMEs.

Same thing with the original J-2s. They were working fine, but contractors
don't get paid for developing new engines if the old ones don't retire.

Old December 1st 07, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
news Scott Hedrick wrote:
I missed the *flight number* in that article. On which flight was
#*2107* used after being dunked in water?
As I indicated, I have no idea, if it was used at all, or even parts of
it, perhaps that could be your homework assignment.
Exactly.

So, you didn't do any digging.

*I* don't have to. You made the claim, it's your job, which you haven't
done.

I don't need to do it, I'm happy with the result. I have five years or
less to field an advanced cryogenic launch system, I'm not fooling
around with crap that isn't directly related to what I'm doing.

I suppose I could have predicted that.
Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I
haven't given you permission to use my share.
Of course you haven't, you're an idiot, who prefers to retire them for
40 years, and then bring them back again, for a last ditch effort to
achieve low earth orbit, it will be the space shuttle on steroids!
Which didn't stop you from planning on using them without permission, I
see.

Actually, I did have permission to propose using them

YOu don't need permission to propose anything, it's called "freedom of
speech".

And if I get $174 million from NASA, that is freedom to act, ASAIK.

Fat chance of happening in this America.

I reiterate, only an idiot would want to retire the SSMEs.

Same thing with the original J-2s. They were working fine, but contractors
don't get paid for developing new engines if the old ones don't retire.

What new engine are they going to develop after retiring the SSME, the
J2-X, or the five segment SRB? I think I'll stick with the SSME, if you
don't mind. If you do mind, I suggest you put it in writing with NASA,
as I have done with my COTS proposal. Otherwise, you don't have a say.
Old December 1st 07, 08:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy, sci.space.history, sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Bash

Then it's not a matter of *you* have an SSME, *we* have them, and I haven't
given you permission to use my share.

Elifritz has one three hundred millionth share of an SSME. I wonder
how far the moron thinks that will get him to orbit.

There is an alternative. If enough US citizens volunteered their SSME
share, that may get Elfritz up just a few hundred feet. As for the
landing... ;-)

The Delta V Heavy kT History 56 December 2nd 07 09:07 PM
Since Boeing and LM are partnering 50/50 and Boeing already has Delta IV Heavy does that mean we'll never see the Atlas V Heavy? D. Scott Ferrin History 5 May 6th 05 05:34 PM
Delta IV Heavy: Heavy Enough for Mars Damon Hill Policy 1 December 22nd 04 07:39 PM
Delta-IV Heavy First Flight Status & Delta-IV Growth Options Iain Young Policy 6 August 14th 04 09:37 PM
Could the delta 4 heavy Hallerb Space Station 3 December 29th 03 03:24 PM