ISS visible pass

Old June 13th 07, 05:57 AM posted to sci.space.history
w9gb

Default ISS visible pass

ISS made a nice visible pass this evening, before entering eclipse at about
11:52 PM CDT.

I would estimate about a magnitude 1 or 2 (brighter than Mars, less than
Venus) - be interesting to see if this changes as new solar array is
unfurled and then allowed to rotate toward sun.

Did not see any flash, more like a "double twinkle" at eclipse line

gb

Old June 18th 07, 04:53 AM posted to sci.space.history
w9gb

"w9gb" wrote in message
. ..
ISS made a nice visible pass this evening, before entering eclipse at
about 11:52 PM CDT.

I would estimate about a magnitude 1 or 2 (brighter than Mars, less than
Venus) - be interesting to see if this changes as new solar array is
unfurled and then allowed to rotate toward sun.

Did not see any flash, more like a "double twinkle" at eclipse line

gb

Another good ISS pass this evening (July 17) at about 10:25 CDT -- maximum
elevation (locally) was 60 degrees. Just short of the maximum elevation,
ISS increased significantly in brightness (definitely brighter than Venus
! ) -- brightest I have ever seen it (- 3 or - 4 ??).
Appeared to be result of solar array alignment on this pass -- about 30
seconds later it slowly started to drop

gb

Old June 20th 07, 03:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
w9gb

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

w9gb

. ..

Old June 20th 07, 05:13 AM posted to sci.space.history
David M. Palmer

In article , w9gb
wrote:

July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)

Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

w9gb

"w9gb" wrote in message
. ..
ISS made a nice visible pass this evening, before entering eclipse at
about 11:52 PM CDT.

I would estimate about a magnitude 1 or 2 (brighter than Mars, less than
Venus) - be interesting to see if this changes as new solar array is
unfurled and then allowed to rotate toward sun.

Did not see any flash, more like a "double twinkle" at eclipse line

July 19, 10:05 PM MDT from Northern New Mexico. Very nice with ISS
leading and STS following.

It went behind clouds shortly after it began fading, so I dan't speak
to flash vs. twinkle.

--
David M. Palmer (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)
Old June 20th 07, 03:43 PM posted to sci.space.history
Henry Spencer

In article ,
w9gb wrote:
July 19, 9:30 PM CDT
western Chicago suburbs (clear night)
Another beautiful pass of ISS-Alpha and the STS-117 Atlantis trailing it
(that was the bonus!) tonight.

Clearly visible from Toronto, too, from the grounds of the Aerospace
Museum (we happened to be there for a meeting, so we stuck around for the
pass). We got a brief flare from Atlantis, presumably a radiator glint.
Shadow entry was behind some thin cloud, so can't comment on that.

ISS visible pass w9gb Space Station 0 June 13th 07 05:59 AM
ISS/Progrees pass [email protected] Satellites 1 May 1st 07 12:27 AM
Pass Le Cafe ~ ! *** TenKBabe Misc 0 November 3rd 05 11:33 PM
Pass Le Cafe ~ ! *** Twittering One Misc 112 September 25th 05 04:03 AM
ISS pass last night Martin Frey UK Astronomy 11 May 26th 04 02:16 AM