Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

Old September 9th 19, 09:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 1:08:07 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 2:54:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 3:33:58 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Sept.7 at 3 pm and nothing new. To hot to go to the beach agian.bert

A cloud burst hit me just as I stepped off the bus! Still had 3 blocks to walk to the library! Did not make it here without getting a little wet! The temp is a perfectly Freudian 69F. Wind 6 mph and gusty out of the SW. Humidity 62%. Overcast. Coming to that time of year when you never know what to expect here! More rain in forecast until Wednesday.

Yesterday I went to the Corbett All Class Reunion. It was held at a PUB only 2 miles from where I live, and right on the same bus line, so easy for me to get to. A lot of the people I saw had the same things to say they did the last time I attended 2 years ago. Though at least one woman had changed her story, leaving me not knowing what to believe. Saw a hand full of people I knew, and a bunch of mostly older people I didn't know. No hot old flings showed up. They have started inviting younger people now, so I saw some of those who I knew. These things are fun for a while, but then usually the people cannot stand each other for more that about 3 hours. The well bourbon was good.

Double-A

Another soggy day. Rain has let up for the moment. Now 64F here in Gresham as of 1 PM. Wind SW at 8 mph. Humidity 72%. A local weatherman interrupted Sunday Night Football last night warning of cells in the area which could produce tornadoes! I think only one of these developed, and it didn't cause any damage as it touched down on a pumpkin farm!

Double-A

Sunny cooler and no wind.Will do some work on van to keep busy today.Not much to say bert
Old September 10th 19, 11:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 1:19:40 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Sunny cooler and no wind.Will do some work on van to keep busy today.Not much to say bert

Raining lightly. Now 62F as of 3 PM here in Gresham. Wind west at 3 mph. Humidity 79%.

They removed the bus stop at the post office, and I had to argue with the bus driver to let me off the bus three block down the line! How inconvenient. Doesn't take much extra effort to get me winded these days! At the post office I had to hit a button to get a printed receipt this time! Otherwise they would send me an emailed receipt! There is an old guy there retiring in a few days. I can see why!

Double-A

Old September 12th 19, 10:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sun is out. Now 77F here in Gresham as of 2:15 PM. Wind SW at 4 mph. Humidity 44%.

Had a good lunch with Kim yesterday.

I stopped in an antique shop on my way here today. Never know what I might find!

Buck season is coming up! There are a couple of gun shops here in Gresham, plus a couple other stores that sell rifles.

Double-A

Old September 13th 19, 10:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 2:18:36 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sun is out. Now 77F here in Gresham as of 2:15 PM. Wind SW at 4 mph. Humidity 44%.

Had a good lunch with Kim yesterday.

I stopped in an antique shop on my way here today. Never know what I might find!

Buck season is coming up! There are a couple of gun shops here in Gresham, plus a couple other stores that sell rifles.

Double-A

Now a lovely 71F as of 2:45 PM here in Gresham. Mostly sunny. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 55%.

They put Thursday Night Football on the NFL channel, the Democratic candidate circus on ABC, which I cannot get either, so I watched Chicago PD reruns.

Double-A

Old September 14th 19, 09:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:57:04 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 2:18:36 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sun is out. Now 77F here in Gresham as of 2:15 PM. Wind SW at 4 mph. Humidity 44%.

Had a good lunch with Kim yesterday.

I stopped in an antique shop on my way here today. Never know what I might find!

Buck season is coming up! There are a couple of gun shops here in Gresham, plus a couple other stores that sell rifles.

Double-A

Now a lovely 71F as of 2:45 PM here in Gresham. Mostly sunny. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 55%.

They put Thursday Night Football on the NFL channel, the Democratic candidate circus on ABC, which I cannot get either, so I watched Chicago PD reruns.

Double-A

An ideal 72F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM. Sun through clouds. Wind west at 2 mph. Humidity 55%. Burning restrictions have been eased.

Football Saturday! Both the Ducks and the Beavers are playing!

Double-A

Old September 14th 19, 10:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 1:43:49 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

95 and no wind or clouds.People still smoke so fires can start.,Staying indoors means I amm posting more bert
Old September 14th 19, 11:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 2:43:33 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

I bought some veggies at the Farmers' Market. I have to carry them home now!

Double-A