Two new dwarf satellite galaxies of Andromeda found, could help explainDark Matter anomaly

Old November 7th 11, 11:15 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Two new dwarf satellite galaxies of Andromeda found, could help explainDark Matter anomaly

New galaxies may help dark matter search - Technology & science - Space
- Space.com - msnbc.com
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45195331.../#.TrhXq7LQtbo

"The newfound dwarf galaxies, called Andromeda 28 and 29, are two of the
most distant satellite galaxies from Andromeda ever detected. They are
located about 600,000 light-years away from Andromeda, and about 1.1
million light-years from Earth, researchers said. "
Old November 8th 11, 02:11 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in
:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45195331...cience-space/#.
TrhXq7LQtbo

"The newfound dwarf galaxies, called Andromeda 28 and 29, are two of
the most distant satellite galaxies from Andromeda ever detected. They
are located about 600,000 light-years away from Andromeda, and about
1.1 million light-years from Earth, researchers said. "

Finding additional dwarf galaxies only further confirms the basic
structural prediction of the theory, but adds nothing to the discussion.
Old November 8th 11, 06:22 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 07/11/2011 8:11 PM, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf wrote in
:

New galaxies may help dark matter search - Technology& science -
Space - Space.com - msnbc.com
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45195331...cience-space/#.
TrhXq7LQtbo

"The newfound dwarf galaxies, called Andromeda 28 and 29, are two of
the most distant satellite galaxies from Andromeda ever detected. They
are located about 600,000 light-years away from Andromeda, and about
1.1 million light-years from Earth, researchers said. "

Finding additional dwarf galaxies only further confirms the basic
structural prediction of the theory, but adds nothing to the discussion.

Actually, I'm not sure if it adds anything at all to the discussion. The
article says it'll help in the search for Dark Matter, but doesn't
mention how. All I can gather from it is that they expect to be able to
study their motions and it'll add to the catalog of galaxies that
they'll be able to study, but doesn't actually prove anything about Dark
Matter just yet.

One interesting thing about the galaxies is that they are somewhere
between Andromeda and Milky Way (600Kly from Andro, 1100Kly from MW),
but they never noticed it until now? How dwarf can you get?

Yousuf Khan
Old November 8th 11, 07:08 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in -
lp.com:

On 07/11/2011 8:11 PM, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf wrote in
:

New galaxies may help dark matter search - Technology& science -
Space - Space.com - msnbc.com
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45195331...cience-space/#.
TrhXq7LQtbo

"The newfound dwarf galaxies, called Andromeda 28 and 29, are two of
the most distant satellite galaxies from Andromeda ever detected. They
are located about 600,000 light-years away from Andromeda, and about
1.1 million light-years from Earth, researchers said. "

Finding additional dwarf galaxies only further confirms the basic
structural prediction of the theory, but adds nothing to the discussion.

Actually, I'm not sure if it adds anything at all to the discussion.

That's what I *JUST SAID*.

I'm rather concerned for you as of late. Crank ideas, inability to read,
etc. Did you slip on medication or something?

Old November 8th 11, 08:45 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 08/11/2011 1:08 PM, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf wrote in -
lp.com:

On 07/11/2011 8:11 PM, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf wrote in
:

New galaxies may help dark matter search - Technology& science -
Space - Space.com - msnbc.com
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45195331...cience-space/#.
TrhXq7LQtbo

"The newfound dwarf galaxies, called Andromeda 28 and 29, are two of
the most distant satellite galaxies from Andromeda ever detected. They
are located about 600,000 light-years away from Andromeda, and about
1.1 million light-years from Earth, researchers said. "

Finding additional dwarf galaxies only further confirms the basic
structural prediction of the theory, but adds nothing to the discussion.

Actually, I'm not sure if it adds anything at all to the discussion.

That's what I *JUST SAID*.

And I was agreeing with you (and adding additional detail).

I'm rather concerned for you as of late. Crank ideas, inability to read,
etc. Did you slip on medication or something?

Until now.

Yousuf Khan
Old November 8th 11, 09:48 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Jeff-Relf.Me

Default ​ When Eric Gisse insults someone, first I cringe then I check their posts.

PRE
I read everything you two ( Yousuf and Eric ) write here ( Sci.Physics );
however, Yousuf's posts are ·much· better than Eric's, I say.

When Eric Gisse insults someone, first I cringe then I check their posts.
Old November 10th 11, 08:35 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 08/11/2011 3:48 PM, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
I read everything you two ( Yousuf and Eric ) write here ( Sci.Physics );
however, Yousuf's posts are ·much· better than Eric's, I say.

When Eric Gisse insults someone, first I cringe then I check their posts.

Not to worry, Eric never achieved an intuitive understanding of this
subject. It's the difference between learning and rote learning.

Yousuf Khan
Old November 11th 11, 12:15 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in
:

On 08/11/2011 3:48 PM, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
I read everything you two ( Yousuf and Eric ) write here (
Sci.Physics ); however, Yousuf's posts are ·much· better than
Eric's, I say.

When Eric Gisse insults someone, first I cringe then I check their
posts.

Not to worry, Eric never achieved an intuitive understanding of this
subject. It's the difference between learning and rote learning.

Yousuf Khan

I like to think I have a reasonable grasp of the subject, unlike relf who
still seems to be following me around like the creepy little mother****er
that he is...