Sound comes from inside

Old April 10th 04, 09:16 PM
Bjørn Ove Isaksen

Default Sound comes from inside

John Doe wrote:

What I heard was simply that they had noticed smoke over southern Iraq
that morning. They were not asked if they had seen smoke over Iraq.

Mr. Oberg and all others: I rest my case.

Sincerely
Bjørn Ove
Old April 11th 04, 06:19 AM
EAC

"John Doe" wrote
In a separate question, he also said that they were able to view the
violence in Iraq as they saw plumes of smoke coming out near the
Iraq/Kuwait border this week.

JimO wrote:
Did any Russian cosmonauts ever remark on the plumes of smoke coming from
Chechnya?

Bjørn Ove Isaksen wrote in message ...
I generaly respect you Mr. Oberg. But when you argument like this you
justify the war because of how Russia does Chechnya. I newer thought I'd
see you sink that deep.

What make you so sure that he isn't already sink quite deep in the
first place? After all, he already made some quite statements in the
past that made one think if he isn't just another 'tool' being used
(either knowingly or unknowingly).

Anyway, there are possible reasons on why his response is like that:

- A person just wondering if the plumes smoke coming from Chechnya can
be seen by the ISS crew. Though if this is the case, to limit the
amount of accidental damage to his innocent reply, he should have just
said "Just wondering" or don't post a reply and then stop there, with
no more posting. No talk about people being sensitive and then later
on giving a half truth historical report.

- A person that felt upset from the feeling that his favourite country
is kinda being bashed and then kinda 'retaliate'. This is
understandable. People upset and then afterward people tend to say not
nice things.

- A person that intended to provocate things. It's quite possible that
he even cooperate with the originial poster. It's also possible that
other posters are also cooperate (either knowingly or unknowngly).

Sincerely
Bjørn Ove

And yes, there are a lot of things that can be seen from orbit.

And no, you couldn't saw the Great Wall with your naked eye (without
using telescope). You can have Yang Liwei's testament on that.

Can you see (without a telescope) a highway from orbit? No, I don't
think so, the same goes for the Great Wall (which is narrower than a
highway).

"It's widely accepted that in the Earth's orbit, which is normally 300
to 400 kilometres from the ground, only an object larger than 250,000
square metres can be seen by a person with normal vision."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_319013.htm
Old April 11th 04, 06:22 AM
EAC

Bjørn Ove Isaksen wrote in message ...
I will not try to justify what Russia does in Chechnya, I never liked it.

The ones who made Russia does things in Chechnya are also the same
ones who made the U.S.A. does things in Iraq.

As always, remember the concepts of "Divide and conquer" and "Proxy
war".

People tend to think that some countries, some companies and some
organization are a bunch of independant entities that are acting on
their own, they tend to forget that these countries, companies, and
organizations are possible organized by the same group.

Sincerley
Bjørn Ove

Old April 12th 04, 02:44 AM
Bjørn Ove Isaksen

EAC wrote:

What make you so sure that he isn't already sink quite deep in the
first place? After all, he already made some quite statements in the
past that made one think if he isn't just another 'tool' being used
(either knowingly or unknowingly).

Because I know Mr. Oberg is generaly a reflected man. To make some
conspiration theory of this (or anything else) has never been my idea. So
instead of following up what I considered indicative I rest the case.

Most people are positive of they're motherland, and patriotic. That is a
result of both genetics (defend you and you're own) and enviroment. And
there is nothing wrong with that unless it makes people blind. And I don't
consider that man blind, though there are some others I could think are.

Sincerely
Bjørn Ove
Old April 29th 04, 06:17 PM
JimO

NMP: "There were never any as huge. End of story."

Please don't act so know-it-all arrogant. Ground reports
from Chechnya spoke of massive fuel depot fires and weeks-long plumes
from multiple major pipeline fires.

The north Caucasus has much more constant cloud cover, which could
account for fewer images.

But not fewer oil fires.

"nmp" wrote in message
news
Op Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:09:17 +0000, schreef JimO:

"John Doe" wrote
In a separate question, he also said that they were able to view the

violence
in Iraq as they saw plumes of smoke coming out near the Iraq/Kuwait

border
this week.

Did any Russian cosmonauts ever remark on the plumes of smoke coming

from
Chechnya?

There were never any as huge. End of story.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...l/iss008e18935
..html

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...l/iss008e18938
..html