2007 TU24 to be Radar Imaged in Great Detail.

Old February 16th 08, 03:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default 2007 TU24 to be Radar Imaged in Great Detail.

wrote:
On Jan 29, 7:06 pm, kT wrote:
kT wrote:
André wrote:
Jim Kingdon heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :
Don't forget the dish array at Westerbork, see
http://www.astron.nl/p/WSRT2.htm
Alsohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bank_Telescope(about 100m,
steerable).
But Arecibo, at 305 m, is much larger than any of these (although it
is only slightly steerable, so you have to wait for your target to
pass over the dish).
Ah, okay... I thought you were talking about a disk array, not about a
single disc.
Anyway, here a google earth web link of Westerbork telescope array
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.43...=0.3,0.3&t=k&q...

Just in :

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsyst...-20080129.html

There is also a dish in Holland being brought back in Dingeloo. about
80 ft, Stainless Steel Mesh. I am working on keeping Jamesburg (30
meter steerable) from the wrecking ball, and think we may have a
buyer, who wants to use it for Xprize Communications. A bunch of
volunteer hams brought jamesburg from dormancy, and are doing Kick
Butt moonbounce with it.

Talk to Elon Musk or Robert Bigelow, those guys are going to want their
own private deep space network sometime in the near future, as well.

Seriously, give them a call.
Old February 17th 08, 07:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Jan 25, 9:04 am, kT wrote:
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n...id/index2.html

We were all waiting for this announcement. Arecibo is a science jewel.

Of using X-ray or perhaps gamma ray derived imaging is simply superior
to anything else, not that older technology shouldn't be upgraded as
best possible, unless that cost is simply out of line with what these
new and improved replacements can accomplish so much better imaging
results, and without their having such massive infrastructure to
support.
.. - Brad Guth