Leap second proposal

Old December 28th 12, 12:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Leap second proposal

On Dec 27, 11:48*pm, oriel36 wrote:
but going a step too far by assigning *dynamical cause to
this stellar circumpolar motion,in their laziness they not only lose
the ability to connect planetary dynamics with terrestrial
effects,they lose the ability to reason altogether.

http://www.quadibloc.com/science/eot.htm

John Savard
Old December 28th 12, 01:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Dec 28, 1:20*am, oriel36 wrote:

It is not 1820 but the year nineteen ninety four I am thinking of in
terms of the ability to doctor history to suit whatever agenda is
required

I think you mean Nineteen Eighty-four; getting one's literary
references mangled this way is ungood.

John Savard
Old December 28th 12, 05:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_5_]

"oriel36" wrote in message

On Dec 28, 9:18 am, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"
wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

On Dec 28, 8:19 am, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"

wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

On Dec 28, 7:11 am, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"

wrote:
"oriel36" wrote in message

On Dec 28, 6:51 am, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"

wrote:
"Quadibloc" wrote in message

On Dec 27, 5:18 pm, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"

wrote:
Unlike hypocritical Quadiblockhead who wants to be polite, I tell
you
the truth as it really is. YOU ARE EVIL.

But then you're evil too, because you try to lead people away from
the
truth of Special Relativity as given to us by Einstein.

I would prefer to think that like Oriel, you have good intentions -
but are sadly mistaken about physics.

John Savard
I'd prefer you to think, too, but I have little hope of you being
capable
of a task of such enormous magnitude.
You may be polite, but you are a fool and a bigot.
Unlike Kelleher I focus in on each of Einstein's blunders, without
obfuscation,
and I am willing to discuss any point you raise, but you refuse to
listen
and
trust Einstein because the other sheep do. That's not science,
that's
religion. You're evil too, because you try to lead people away from
the
truth of Galilean Physics as given to us by the Holy Prophets
Kepler,
Newton, Doppler, Faraday and Michelson.
Why am I evil for pointing out Einstein's mathematical blunders?

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.

You pair go enjoy yourselves
============================
You go **** off and die, you evil lying thug.

You had Harrison's words in front of you
=======================================
I've never read anything by Harrison so you can **** off and die, you
EVIL
LYING thug.

It is always in the nature of those who hate to turn their faces away
from what is good and right
It is always the nature of an evil arsehole like you to lie.
Amateur clock driven telescope mounts turn the telescope at a rate of
361 degrees in 24 hours, 15.042 degrees/hour, 15.042 arc minutes/minute,
15.042 arc seconds/second, 366.256 sidereal days per year to a precision
of 3 decimal places, without any irrelevant latitude or longitude
information needed by the clock drive.

The Lat/Long system
====================
I said nothing about any lat/long system.
Any navigator who circumnavigates the world in one year keeping Sirius or
Orion
in sight every night, leaving on Xmas Day and arriving on Xmas day the next
year
will record 366 days in his log, one day more than the family he left at
home.
I've never read anything by Harrison so you can **** off and die, you EVIL
LYING thug.

Professionals use a higher precision, taking into account 366.256 days
(one year) in 360 degrees or 1.0737 degrees per day.

You should go back
=====================
You should **** off and die, you evil lying thug.
Any amateur who lurked on this thread and taking a long exposure timed
photograph (which could last several hours) of the stars with a home-made
telescope and clock drive would get a blurred image if they were talked
into wasting their time and money using a 15 degrees/hour clock drive
recommended by that evil bullying thug Kelleher.
I believe in good and evil.
I am a good and truthful engineer even if I swear at evil lying thugs who
deliberately attempt to mislead amateur astronomers. Fortunately there
are enough of us to let any novice know you are completely crazy.

Old December 28th 12, 06:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_5_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

I took relativity in my second year; I _understand_ it, and know it to
be true.
In other words you are a zealous bigot with _no_ understanding of
mathematics
and are as crazy as Kelleher who has the same certainty of 24 hours = 360
degrees
as you do of special relativity. Different beliefs, same bigotry.

Old December 28th 12, 06:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Keep Sirius in sight every day ! - good luck with that !.You might get
another reader here to explain why that doesn't happen as the orbital
motion of the Earth puts Sirius behind the glare of the central Sun
for a period of time every year,they might even appreciate themselves
that the emergence of Sirius from behind the glare of the Sun as the
Earth moved along its orbital circuit once coincided with the
inundation of the Nile thereby beginning the fundamental unit of
timekeeping.

You are a refugee from the relativity forum and it is fine to chance
your arm at astronomy among your own kind but not here and you
discover to look foolish fairly quickly when you don;t know what you
are talking about.

I've never read anything by Harrison so you can **** off and die, you EVIL
LYING thug.

You can read how the Lat/Long system works with daily rotation and the
24 hour cycle where time differences can be converted into distance
and it was Harrison himself who first created a set of Equation of
Time tables which include February 29th as the final day/rotation of 4
orbital circuits.

I assure you that when you wake tomorrow,you will wake to another
rotation of the Earth and the next day and the day after that.It is
being human to acknowledge this primary fact and that is how you know
where you stand.

Old December 28th 12, 06:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:
[...]

=============================
Can't read either, can you?
I said every night, you ****ing stupid imbecile.

Old December 28th 12, 07:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

You poor thing,have you no sense that the orbital cycle of the Earth
puts Sirius behind the glare of the Sun for a number of days each year
and that its reappearance was sought after by the Egyptians as a
signal that the Nile was about to flood at a specific annual/orbital
point,in short,it is a line of sight observation created by the
orbital motion of the Earth alone.

You are doing a terrific job representing Peterson ,Schylter and all
the other pros here who also have spent considerable time promoting
the 'solar vs sidereal' ideology that is now falling out of favor with
the satellite community that couldn't care less about astronomy.This
is not sci.relativity where you get to scream out new assertions every
day without worrying as to whether they are sane let alone right,this
is saa and presently you are not doing too well.

..

Any amateur who lurked on this thread and taking a long exposure timed
photograph (which could last several hours) of the stars with a home-made
telescope and clock drive would get a blurred image if they were talked
into wasting their time and money using a 15 degrees/hour clock drive
recommended by that evil bullying thug Kelleher.

They already use the 24 hour AM/PM cycle which in itself is attached
to planetary longitudes and those daily cycles follow one to the next
in step with the appearance and disappearance of the Sun.The motion of
the telescope drive about its axis is registering the equality of 24
hours days within the calendar format and this is why they were used
to calibrate watches,they require no alignment with planetary
longitude meridians and contain no information on rotational speeds at
any given latitude.

I believe in good and evil.
I am a good and truthful engineer even if I swear at evil lying thugs who
deliberately attempt to mislead amateur astronomers.

Good to see the amateurs and professionals in saa has good quality
defenders on their side such as yourself who apply brilliant reasoning
to uphold what ? - that the Earth turns 1465 times in 1461 days !.

The evil that men do and I am not talking about a mindless thug like
yourself who are ten a penny in other forums.

Old December 29th 12, 01:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, December 28, 2012 11:27:59 AM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

You poor thing,have you no sense that the orbital cycle of the Earth

puts Sirius behind the glare of the Sun for a number of days each year

and that its reappearance was sought after by the Egyptians as a

signal that the Nile was about to flood at a specific annual/orbital

point,in short,it is a line of sight observation created by the

orbital motion of the Earth alone.

BZZZZT! Just to be clear, Sirius is never *behind* the Sun, although it is certainly *in the glare* of the Sun for about 70 days every year. Sirius, at a declination of about -16.75, actually passes nearly 40 degrees *below* the Sun at conjunction (about 80 solar diameters, a long way), and its *reappearance* from that glare varies widely, depending where you are located on the Earth's surface.

The motion of

the telescope drive about its axis is registering the equality of 24

hours days within the calendar format...

You have no clue whatsoever about telescopes and their drives...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_mount

.... where it clearly states "The equatorial axis of the mount is often equipped with a motorized "clock drive", that rotates that axis one revolution every 23 hours and 56 minutes in exact sync with the apparent diurnal motion of the sky."

Just because you don't understand does not mean it is not true.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...52496006_n.png
Old December 29th 12, 04:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:
[...]

You poor thing
=================
I'm not poor at all. **** off and die, you evil lying thug.

Old December 29th 12, 04:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

He needs a good slap with a 2x4 across the ear. I wonder what he's say if he
ever went to bed as the ship crossed the International Date Line on Xmas eve
and lost a day of his life when he found it was Dec 26th when he woke up and
missed all his prezzies? Blame it on Newton, I expect.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.

The leap day oriel36[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 29 August 21st 15 09:54 PM
To Leap or Not to Leap: Scientists debate a timely issue Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 7 April 24th 06 08:42 AM
LEAP YEAR, LEAP SECOND 31.12.2005, CALENDAR.=====.. [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 5 December 29th 05 03:14 AM
Leap Seconds Eric Chomko Policy 2 July 15th 04 11:19 PM
Concerning the leap day Oriel36 Amateur Astronomy 0 April 29th 04 09:31 PM