ASTRO: Jupiter 09-01-07

Old September 2nd 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Default ASTRO: Jupiter 09-01-07

Having seen so many advances in planetary astrophotography lately with the
high dollar cameras, the bar has been set pretty high for guys like me who
still operate with a $99.00 Toucam 740K and an 8 inch scope. Given how low
Jupiter is on the horizon, I was fairly pleased with this result. Just
average seeing, shot over a hot summer roof. Hopefully I can get Mars soon.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-01-07@0225.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1156
Old September 2nd 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J.Warren wrote:

Having seen so many advances in planetary astrophotography lately with the
high dollar cameras, the bar has been set pretty high for guys like me who
still operate with a $99.00 Toucam 740K and an 8 inch scope. Given how low
Jupiter is on the horizon, I was fairly pleased with this result. Just
average seeing, shot over a hot summer roof. Hopefully I can get Mars soon.

Nice shot. Proof the guy behind the equipment is far more important
than the equipment itself.

Planetary imaging is something I've never come close to mastering. I
blame the seeing but I'm mostly to blame I'm sure.

Rick

Old September 2nd 07, 06:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Nice image. I saw Jupiter in July and your image shows just how it looked.
It really has the furrowed look in the South.

Joe

m...

Old September 2nd 07, 06:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Thanks guys. Here is one from tonight, just a few hours ago. Seeing was
about the same, but not as good as last night. This was the best result out
of trying a 2x barlow at 10 fps, 2x barlow at 5fps and a 3x barlow at 10fps.
Below is the 3x 10fps result.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-02-07@0230.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1157
Old September 3rd 07, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"J.Warren" wrote
....... Here is one from tonight, just a few hours ago......

Great image even though the planet is getting low in the sky. Jup does
look "strange" this year!!

George N