The theory of gravity

Old July 23rd 17, 08:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The theory of gravity

I never really minded explaining what Newton's absolute/relative definitions meant as they applied to astronomy if I knew it would help his followers come back to observations as opposed to what is now an exclusive voodoo fest that nobody pays attention to anymore .

It would seem that the followers of Newton relied on the fact that nobody could trace his astronomical take on the experimental method where astronomical predictions were meant to mesh with experimental predictions but that may overstate what they actually believed and believe.

Huygen's statement that the Sun apparent motion through the constellations is equivalent to the Earth's annual motion through the same background stars was morphed into a geocentric/heliocentric equivalency and that alone would be enough to account for absolute/relative space and motion along with time but history has shown that Newton's science fiction was surplus to requirements when the theorists descended into science fantasy last century.

" There is no difference between time and any of the three dimensions of space" The Time Machine , 1898

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

The upcoming eclipse is important, too important to allow the histrionics of screaming heads to dominate the forum . If a few participants can capture one of the inner planets with the central Sun in the same frame they will open up astronomy to a productive type of astronomy that hasn't been seen in some centuries.

Old July 24th 17, 09:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

It is time to set the forensics aside and concentrate on a new approach to orbital motions which do not mix predictive astronomy within its calendar framework (clockwork solar system) with experimental predictions as there is simply no need or call for it.

http://www.zam.fme.vutbr.cz/~druck/e...Tse1997uw2.png

I haven't found a single graphic that incorporates both Venus and Mercury as they run their circuits around the central Sun as seen from a slower moving Earth. Now that retrogrades of the inner planets are no longer an issue as the input from the slower moving Earth is largely restricted to the motion of the stars from left to right of the Sun thereby setting the Sun up as a central reference for inner planetary orbital motions, researchers no longer have to carry a burden when investigating influences on orbital dynamics whether electromagnetic or some other source.
Old July 24th 17, 04:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:07:05 AM UTC+1, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

I haven't found a single graphic that incorporates both Venus and Mercury as they run their circuits around the central Sun as seen from a slower moving Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAjYGBuJnGU

You're welcome.
Old July 24th 17, 06:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Seeing the central Sun against the background of space allows observers from the ISS a unique opportunity denied surface bound inhabitants apart from the solar eclipse

https://3c1703fe8d.site.internapcdn....agesunseto.jpg

In all other spheres of existence it is customary to celebrate an achievement which promotes a clearer vision of orbital motion and how to divide the inner and outer planets by dynamical perspective. With just the slightest shift in perspective it is possible to gain an appreciation of solar system structure and planetary motion that the original Sun centered astronomers fought so hard to promote.

Old July 25th 17, 04:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

Reduced to talking to yourself, now. Not surprising.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old July 25th 17, 04:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy[_2_]

You replied, as instructed. You will continue to do so, until I
allow you to stop.

Now kneel and nurse, bitch.

"Chris.B" wrote in
:

On Friday, 21 July 2017 18:00:28 UTC+2, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy wrote:

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Dear Mr Sissy

Thank you for returning our Recruitment Application form for the
important post of Reserve Forum Fool.

The panel has asked me to inform you that you scored highly in
the Idiocy Section of our questionnaire.

However, it was felt that "immaturity" is not usually considered
an academic qualification.

Except [perhaps] in the age of an infant attending kindergarten.

Our Arts and Crafts member was quite impressed with your
matchstick renderings of certain faculty members where you were
unable to answer the questions. But would have liked rather
more flesh on the bare bones of your amusing portraits.

As such, I have to inform you that your application has been
rejected on this occasion.

We wish you luck with your future endeavors and can only
sympathize with your crippling, mental handicaps.

Better luck next time!

Yours most sincerely
A.Sinner Esq.

Old July 25th 17, 06:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:56:03 PM UTC+1, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
Reduced to talking to yourself, now. Not surprising.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Funny,funny,funny !. That reply to yourself (quoted text) is certainly one for the books.

Old July 25th 17, 07:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Old July 26th 17, 05:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:56:03 PM UTC+1, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
Reduced to talking to yourself, now. Not surprising.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

I am certain if they did a case study on the dumbest reply on the Usenet that your reply (to yourself) would certainly take pride of place and I did get a good chuckle from it and there is no need to explain further. You are just another one in a long line of headache inducing noiseboxes that show up every now and again so enjoy your handiwork of shooting yourself in the foot. Best thing you can do is return to the science fiction/fantasy forum and take the other nuisance with you.
Old July 26th 17, 06:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 9:42:01 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

I am certain if they did a case study on the dumbest reply on the Usenet that your reply (to yourself) would certainly take pride of place...

Oh, I think that if they did a case study of the dumbest replies on sci.astro.amateur, I could predict with virtually 100% certainty whose name would appear at the top of the list... it would be a guy who is totally incapable of learning simple astronomical facts, and yet is very confident that the bull**** that gushes from his steaming gob is straight from god hisself...