French "COAA" ??

Old May 21st 04, 12:26 PM
Steve Taylor

Default French "COAA" ??

Hi,
Are there any facilities in France, like the Portugese COAA ?

Thanks

Steve
Old May 21st 04, 09:07 PM
Chef!

Steve Taylor wrote:
Hi,
Are there any facilities in France, like the Portugese COAA ?

Thanks

Steve

Puimichel. http://www.ping.be/eurospace/pui.htm

Regards
Chef!

Old May 25th 04, 11:29 PM
Steve Taylor

Chef! wrote:

Puimichel. http://www.ping.be/eurospace/pui.htm

Is this operating ? There are some links I have seen on the web that
indicate it is closed.

Steve
Old May 26th 04, 06:27 PM
Chef!

Steve Taylor wrote:
Chef! wrote:

Puimichel. http://www.ping.be/eurospace/pui.htm

Is this operating ? There are some links I have seen on the web that
indicate it is closed.

Steve

Ah well, dunno about that.

Providing your French is up to the job, pop over to
http://www.cieletespace.fr/default2.asp and go 'Les Stations de Nuit' on the
left, then go 'Les Stations'. Puimichel isn't listed, but as theres less
than half a dozen I had a look around. The following would seem to fit the
bill:

La Ferme des Étoiles at http://www.gascogne.fr/Ferme/ferme.htm
Observatoire Planétarium des Monts de Guéret at
http://www.astronomie-creuse.com/
Observatoire du col de la Lèbe at http://astroval.free.fr/

I haven't been to any of them so can't comment on how good they are, nor
whether you'd get value for money.

If you're driving, then Guéret is the nearest; by the looks of things about
375 miles and 6hrs or so from Le Havre or Caen. Its also on the morthern
edge of the Massif so dark skies are assured. Le Ferme looks pretty near
Toulouse, so you might consider flying there and then hiring a car.

Might be advisable to avoid mid-August as France celebrates 'Nuits des
etoiles' which is amazingly popular with the masses and gets a lot of TV
coverage.

Regards
Chef!