Jupiter & questions on its Spin???

Old January 13th 09, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Jupiter & questions on its Spin???

On Jan 13, 12:44*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Mark *yes different spin layers would create friction,and we see Jupiter
has a lot of lightning. *Also it has liquid hydrogen and that is a very
good conductor. This makes for a strong magnetic field. * My posting
this was mostly I have no idea how deep its atmosphere is,nor why its
spin has not cause a greater equatorial bulge. *We know so much more
about Venus's surface. Pictures taken of its lava flows * The peak of
Maat Mons (5 miles high) all done by the Magellan probe. Venus seems to
have a lava surface. Jupiter is said to have a liquid hydrogen surface
covering its icy rock core. * * * * * *go figure *TreBert

It may have solid metalic hydrogen at its core too.

Double-A

Old January 13th 09, 10:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

AA Free electrons Jupiter must have lots of. Its the planet with the
most static electricity,and that means lightning. I realize it must
have a bulge,but looking at the planet it looks so very round,and I was
hoping to actually see a bigger bulge(more out of round). Go figure is
really just a sign off.Go figure TreBert

Old January 13th 09, 10:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jan 13, 2:39*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
AA *Free electrons Jupiter must have lots of. Its the planet with the
most static electricity,and that means lightning. *I realize it must
have a bulge,but looking at the planet it looks so very round,and I was
hoping to actually see a bigger bulge(more out of round). * Go figure is
really just a sign off.Go figure * TreBert

"Jupiter has an equatorial radius of 71400 km and a polar radius of
66800 km, indicating that Jupiter bulges at its equator. This
relatively pronounced bulge is due to Jupiter's rapid rotation rate of
9 hrs 56 mins, and the fact that Jupiter is made up of gas. Imagine a
ball of loosely-held material being spun rapidly. The high-speed
rotation would cause the ball to bulge at its midsection. This is
exactly what happens to Jupiter.

In the case of Jupiter, observing surface features to calculate
rotation rate would be impossible due to differential rotation of
Jupiter's atmosphere. Astronomers had to resort to observing the
period of radio emissions from Jupiter's magnetosphere."

http://library.thinkquest.org/17445/sol/Jupiter.shtml

Double-A

Old January 14th 09, 01:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

AA Nice post,and thanks for that information. My thinking was such fast
spinning gas should show more stretching out at the equator. My picture
of Jupiter does not show this. My thinking that the waters around the
earth's equator does not make for much deeper oceans than the water at
the poles also gives me a puzzlement. Well the earth is out of round by
13 miles,but not done really by water bulge. Compared to
Jupiter's spin earth is a slow poke. go figure TreBert Ps Since
friction creates heat I wonder how much heat is from friction of its
gasses and ammonia clouds. I know it gives off 2.5 times more heat than
it gets from the Sun.

Old January 14th 09, 02:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 14, 5:34*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
AA Nice post,and thanks for that information. *My thinking was such fast
spinning gas should show more stretching out at the equator. *My picture
of Jupiter does not show this. My thinking that the waters around the
earth's equator does not make for much deeper oceans than the water at
the poles also gives me a puzzlement. Well the earth is out of round by
13 miles,but not done really by water bulge. * * * *Compared to
Jupiter's spin earth is a slow poke. *go figure * TreBert *Ps Since
friction creates heat I wonder how much heat is from friction of its
gasses and ammonia clouds. I know it gives off 2.5 times more heat than
it gets from the Sun. *

Tidal induced friction is what's keeping Earth's interior extra hot
and fluid, in part thanks to the 2e20 N/sec that's contributed by our
Selene/moon, means we have a perpetual resource of renewable energy
below our dumbfounded feet.

Meaning, Earth is rich in energy that's kind of free for the taking.
Too bad we're still not smart enough to take much of anything without
involving war(s) and republican Mafia orchestrated Zionist Ponzi
schemes.

~ BG
Old January 14th 09, 07:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jan 14, 5:34*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
AA Nice post,and thanks for that information. *My thinking was such fast
spinning gas should show more stretching out at the equator. *My picture
of Jupiter does not show this. My thinking that the waters around the
earth's equator does not make for much deeper oceans than the water at
the poles also gives me a puzzlement. Well the earth is out of round by
13 miles,but not done really by water bulge. * * * *Compared to
Jupiter's spin earth is a slow poke. *go figure * TreBert *Ps Since
friction creates heat I wonder how much heat is from friction of its
gasses and ammonia clouds. I know it gives off 2.5 times more heat than
it gets from the Sun. *

The Earth is enough out of round that the Mississippi River flows
uphill. It is only the centrifugal force from the Earth's rotation
that keeps it flowing.

Double-A

Old January 15th 09, 12:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Tidally induced, my ASS, BradBoi! lmfjao!

The Earth's primordal heat has been greatly supplimented by the decay
of radioactive elements.

Saul Levy

Old January 15th 09, 02:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 13, 2:39*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
AA *Free electrons Jupiter must have lots of. Its the planet with the
most static electricity,and that means lightning. *I realize it must
have a bulge,but looking at the planet it looks so very round,and I was
hoping to actually see a bigger bulge(more out of round). * Go figure is
really just a sign off.Go figure * TreBert

In the long run, Earth would be better off as a moon of Jupiter.

~ BG
Old January 15th 09, 11:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Nonsense, BradBoi! lmfjao!

Saul Levy

Old January 25th 09, 10:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

To Ya All(Fl Talk) I find it interesting that the large gas planets
spin on average 3 times faster than rock planets. That needs explaining.
little Pluto takes 6 Earth days to make one turn around. Venus spins at
a fast walk etc. Anyone got a reason.? If not I will post mine in two
days. i think Mercury takes about 59 Earth days. I
have a gut feeling I got the right answer TreBert

Jupiter & questions on its Spin??? G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 25 January 15th 09 11:32 PM
What if (on spin) G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 8 August 16th 08 05:00 PM
Spin Is In Double-A[_1_] Misc 1 June 13th 07 01:42 PM
Spin Spud UK Astronomy 1 May 23rd 04 10:47 AM
PC23C (Video camera) and Jupiter, Success but Questions W. Watson Amateur Astronomy 2 March 11th 04 01:10 PM