No evidence for 'knots' in space! Whew!

Old June 16th 12, 07:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Double-A[_3_]

Default No evidence for 'knots' in space! Whew!

On Jun 14, 12:42*pm, Double-A wrote:
"Using data from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP)
satellite, researchers from UCL, Imperial College London and the
Perimeter Institute have performed the first search for textures on
the full sky, finding no evidence for such knots in space.

As the Universe cooled it underwent a series of phase transitions,
analogous to water freezing into ice. Many transitions cannot occur
consistently throughout space, giving rise in some theories to
imperfections in the structure of the cooling material known as cosmic
textures.

If produced in the early Universe, textures would interact with light
from the CMB to leave a set of characteristic hot and cold spots. If
detected, such signatures would yield invaluable insight into the
types of phase transitions that occurred when the Universe was a
fraction of a second old, with drastic implications for particle
physics."

http://phys.org/news/2012-06-evidence-space.html

Double-A

This could have been a knotty problem!

Double-A

Old June 16th 12, 07:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
HVAC[_2_]

On 6/16/2012 2:30 PM, Double-A wrote:

This could have been a knotty problem!

I think not.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old June 16th 12, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Curlytop

Double-A set the following eddies spiralling through the space-time
continuum:

This could have been a knotty problem!

Double-A

No loose ends to tie up then?
--
ΞΎ: ) Proud to be curly

Interchange the alphabetic letter groups to reply
Old June 16th 12, 09:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
HVAC[_2_]

On 6/16/2012 3:49 PM, Curlytop wrote:
Double-A set the following eddies spiralling through the space-time
continuum:

This could have been a knotty problem!

Double-A

No loose ends to tie up then?

Well, of course there are...It's String Theory.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old June 17th 12, 12:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected][_2_]

Double-A writes:

947 Newsgroups:
alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci .astro,sci.astro.amateur

947 This could have been a knotty problem!

What does your possibility have to do with OS/2, Double-A?

"If you really don't want to hear from me in comp.os.os2.advocacy
again, just tell me to go away, and I will."
--Double-A

"Bye."
--Double-A

And some people wonder why I call them Famous Last Words.
Old June 17th 12, 12:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected][_2_]

HVAC writes:

23 Newsgroups:
alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci .astro,sci.astro.amateur

23 I think not.

What does your lack of thinking have to do with OS/2, HVAC?
Old June 17th 12, 12:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected][_2_]

Curlytop writes:

1 Newsgroups:
alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci .astro,sci.astro.amateur

1 No loose ends to tie up then?

What does your question of Double-A have to do with OS/2, Curlytop?
Old June 17th 12, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Double-A[_3_]

On Jun 16, 4:49*pm, "
wrote:
Double-A writes:

947 Newsgroups:
alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci .astro,sci.astro.amateur

947 This could have been a knotty problem!

What does your possibility have to do with OS/2, Double-A?

Well it certainly has to do with alt.astronomy, sci.physics,
sci.astro, and sci.astro.amateur. But not alt.test.

So what is your scientific light shedding reply?

Double-A

Old June 17th 12, 10:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected][_2_]

Double-A writes:

948 Newsgroups:
alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci .astro,sci.astro.amateur

948 Well it certainly has to do with alt.astronomy, sci.physics,
948 sci.astro, and sci.astro.amateur. But not alt.test.

Still suffering from reading comprehension problems, Double-A?
I didn't ask what it has to do with alt.astronomy, or sci.physics,
or sci.astro, or sci.astro.amateur, or alt.test. I asked what
your possibility has to do with OS/2, one of the newsgroups to
which you posted your possibility.

948 So what is your scientific light shedding reply?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Double-A?

Old June 20th 12, 10:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.physics,comp.os.os2.advocacy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:38:52 -0400, HVAC wrote:

On 6/16/2012 2:30 PM, Double-A wrote:

This could have been a knotty problem!

I think not.

Damn humble of you, old boy!