Why so many kooks?

Old August 22nd 04, 06:49 PM
Manuel Joseph Din

Default Why so many kooks?

If you filtered them all out, you could call it

sci.astro.sky-and-telescope-news-bulletin
or
sci.astro.nyc-events

;-)
Just kidding. I know there are some non-kooks making regular
contributions. But man, what a bumper crop of woo-woo's are
congregating here.
Too funny, yet strangely disturbing. Kind of like network television.

Regards,
Uncle Bob

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old August 22nd 04, 10:11 PM
vonroach

On 22 Aug 2004 17:49:18 GMT, Manuel Joseph Din
wrote:

If you filtered them all out, you could call it

sci.astro.sky-and-telescope-news-bulletin
or
sci.astro.nyc-events

;-)
Just kidding. I know there are some non-kooks making regular
contributions. But man, what a bumper crop of woo-woo's are
congregating here.
Too funny, yet strangely disturbing. Kind of like network television.

Regards,
Uncle Bob

Like a barrel of evolved monkeys might one say?
Old August 22nd 04, 11:38 PM
Mr. 4X

Manuel Joseph Din wrote in message
:

If you filtered them all out, you could call it

sci.astro.sky-and-telescope-news-bulletin
or
sci.astro.nyc-events

;-)
Just kidding. I know there are some non-kooks making regular
contributions. But man, what a bumper crop of woo-woo's are
congregating here.

That's nothing compared to what's going on in alt.alien.visitors.

Too funny, yet strangely disturbing. Kind of like network television.

Regards,
Uncle Bob

http://www.uncensored-news.com
The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old August 23rd 04, 12:32 AM
Mb

Manuel Joseph Din wrote:

Just kidding. I know there are some non-kooks making regular
contributions. But man, what a bumper crop of woo-woo's are
congregating here.

Unfortunately, it involve the convergence of two common kook errors:

1.) They think astro is short for astrology,

2.) They either don't know that sci means science, don't know what science
is, or they don't care.

--
Mb
Old August 24th 04, 12:25 AM
Jonathan

"Manuel Joseph Din" wrote in message
If you filtered them all out, you could call it

sci.astro.sky-and-telescope-news-bulletin
or
sci.astro.nyc-events

;-)
Just kidding. I know there are some non-kooks making regular
contributions. But man, what a bumper crop of woo-woo's are
congregating here.
Too funny, yet strangely disturbing. Kind of like network television.

Thanks for this thread!

We now know there are at least four intelligent, normal
and sane people in this ng. Since I'm replying does that
make me all these wonderful things?

God I hope not. There's nothing worse than being normal...
.....typical....average....as that makes one completely invisible
and irrelevant.

Poof! You've all announced to the world that you don't
matter and prefer it that way. Congratulations!

Jonathan

Old August 24th 04, 01:27 AM
vonroach

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:38:07 +0000 (UTC), "Mr. 4X"
wrote:

Too funny, yet strangely disturbing. Kind of like network television.

What `life' on network television? Surly you don't regard Cronkhite,
Rather, Brokaw, Jennings, and assorted jesters as evidence of
intelligence life. Probably get better ratings if Milton Berle read
the news scripts
Old August 24th 04, 01:33 AM
vonroach

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:32:26 +0000, Mb wrote:

Manuel Joseph Din wrote:

Just kidding. I know there are some non-kooks making regular
contributions. But man, what a bumper crop of woo-woo's are
congregating here.

Unfortunately, it involve the convergence of two common kook errors:

1.) They think astro is short for astrology,

Gee whiz, I thought it was a baseball team in Houston.

2.) They either don't know that sci means science, don't know what science
is, or they don't care.

A lot of scientists don't seem to know what science is, (or maybe they
don't care either). Wouldn't `astronomy' serve for sci.astro ? Or
have I missed some unscientific astronomy?

Why kooks are obsessed with nonsense Mad Scientist Misc 9 August 3rd 04 11:31 AM
Non-stop Kooks on Alt.astronomy Mad Scientist Misc 8 August 1st 04 04:27 PM
What is a kook? Jochen Misc 5 July 27th 04 01:02 AM
This newsgroup is filled with kooks Mad Scientist Misc 4 July 26th 04 07:42 PM
Kooks posting Earl Colby Pottinger Astronomy Misc 1 October 24th 03 11:49 PM