A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Astronomy and Astrophysics » Amateur Astronomy
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Questar 5 specifications released:



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 28th 18, 01:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,003
Default Questar 5 specifications released:

Interesting. An in-baffle tube field flattener. I'd probably have made it outboard and a f-stop reducer, but this still looks good. Figure maybe $5000 for the OTA and $10,000 for a mounted scope. The mount will likely include modern electronics, perhaps Goto. Scroll near the bottom of the page.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8
Ads
  #2  
Old April 28th 18, 07:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,001
Default Questar 5 specifications released:

On Saturday, 28 April 2018 02:42:23 UTC+2, RichA wrote:
Interesting. An in-baffle tube field flattener. I'd probably have made it outboard and a f-stop reducer, but this still looks good. Figure maybe $5000 for the OTA and $10,000 for a mounted scope. The mount will likely include modern electronics, perhaps Goto. Scroll near the bottom of the page.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8


Can I have one with rhinestones, please? Thank you.
  #3  
Old April 28th 18, 05:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,003
Default Questar 5 specifications released:

On Saturday, 28 April 2018 02:29:50 UTC-4, Chris.B wrote:
On Saturday, 28 April 2018 02:42:23 UTC+2, RichA wrote:
Interesting. An in-baffle tube field flattener. I'd probably have made it outboard and a f-stop reducer, but this still looks good. Figure maybe $5000 for the OTA and $10,000 for a mounted scope. The mount will likely include modern electronics, perhaps Goto. Scroll near the bottom of the page.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8


Can I have one with rhinestones, please? Thank you.


Premium, American-made telescopes aren't aimed at everyone, just like $4000 Zeiss binoculars, $8000 Leica cameras, $120,000 Mercedes cars, etc.
  #4  
Old April 28th 18, 07:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,974
Default Questar 5 specifications released:

Since 3 1/2 inches was too small for astronomy, and 7 inches in a Questar
is outrageously expensive, I applaud the decision to make one in this
size. It may still be too pricey for its aperture for a mass market, but
it should still have a broader appeal.
  #5  
Old April 29th 18, 06:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,001
Default Questar 5 specifications released:

On Saturday, 28 April 2018 20:25:31 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
Since 3 1/2 inches was too small for astronomy, and 7 inches in a Questar
is outrageously expensive, I applaud the decision to make one in this
size. It may still be too pricey for its aperture for a mass market, but
it should still have a broader appeal.


They have no APs? Then let them have Questars.

  #6  
Old April 30th 18, 12:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,975
Default Questar 5 specifications released:

Quadibloc:
Since 3 1/2 inches was too small for astronomy...


"Was?" The Q 3.5 is beautiful for the Sun, Moon, and Planets. Birds,
bugs, wildlife of all sorts. Mine (35 years old) did a great job at the
2017 eclipse.

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything that
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
willy! You'll fill specifications. Nowadays, I'll cover the garment Orin Amateur Astronomy 0 November 14th 07 07:15 AM
'Objective' specifications for similar scopes? Reddog UK Astronomy 4 June 12th 05 12:46 PM
Mount specifications?? Edward Smith Amateur Astronomy 49 January 14th 04 06:07 PM
Mount Specifications? Edward Smith Misc 1 January 12th 04 05:48 AM
Questar 7 vs AP 155 Mike Kester Amateur Astronomy 16 September 9th 03 11:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.