"The Space Race was a proxy war against the Soviets." -Steven Colbert

Old September 8th 12, 12:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default "The Space Race was a proxy war against the Soviets." -Steven Colbert

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:32:36 PM UTC+10, Brad Guth wrote:

Most Americans of that Apollo cold-war era were snookered and

dumbfounded past the point of no return, including myself.

You are insane.
Old September 8th 12, 12:33 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:09:02 PM UTC+10, Brad Guth wrote:

The mutually perpetrated cold-war era was a series of proxy wars that

brought us to 9/11 and beyond. The mostly redneck ZNRs and fellow FUD-

masters think proxy wars are sheer fun and highly profitable, as well

as insuring that as much public loot keeps going into their military

industrial complex and otherwise insures as much public funded job

security w/benefits as possible.

You are insane.

Old September 8th 12, 09:31 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 7, 4:33*pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:09:02 PM UTC+10, Brad Guth wrote:
The mutually perpetrated cold-war era was a series of proxy wars that

brought us to 9/11 and beyond. *The mostly redneck ZNRs and fellow FUD-

masters think proxy wars are sheer fun and highly profitable, as well

as insuring that as much public loot keeps going into their military

industrial complex and otherwise insures as much public funded job

security w/benefits as possible.

You are insane.

You and others of your ZNR FUD-master and oligarch kind are in denial
of being in denial.
Old September 9th 12, 04:59 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Old September 9th 12, 07:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dean

"denial of denial"? So you admit we are right then? Lol!
Old September 10th 12, 03:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 9, 11:15*am, Dean wrote:
"denial of denial"? *So you admit we are right then? *Lol!

Nice FUD spin you got there.
Old September 10th 12, 03:45 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 8, 8:38*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
On Sep 7, 4:33*pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:09:02 PM UTC+10, Brad Guth wrote:
The mutually perpetrated cold-war era was a series of proxy wars that

brought us to 9/11 and beyond. *The mostly redneck ZNRs and fellow FUD-

masters think proxy wars are sheer fun and highly profitable, as well

as insuring that as much public loot keeps going into their military

industrial complex and otherwise insures as much public funded job

security w/benefits as possible.

You are insane.

You and others of your ZNR FUD-master and oligarch kind are in denial
of being in denial.

You are still insane. *Seek more treatment.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

Are you suggesting that our government run by the cloak and dagger
likes of yourself, doesn't do proxy wars?
Old September 10th 12, 01:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dean

On Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:43:39 PM UTC-4, Brad Guth wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:15*am, Dean wrote:

"denial of denial"? *So you admit we are right then? *Lol!

Nice FUD spin you got there.

Thank you.
Old September 18th 12, 03:25 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

Every 19 months the planet Venus passes extremely nearby, and gets
ignored each and every time, perhaps because it couldn't even be seen
by any of our colorblind Apollo missions, much less recorded on Kodak
film that survived the worse environmental trauma and demonstrated
terrific dynamic range for everything else. So, like it or not, we're
apparently stuck with exploiting our limited and depleted terrestrial
resources for the foreseeable future, even if it means our having to
survive and pay for WW3 and WW4.

When ‘Big Energy’ as often with multiple offshore protected
corporations that get to run as many accounting hide and seek books as
they like, manage to screw up or cause death and enormous
environmental damage, the only ones ever having to pay for everything
(no matters what they’re telling us) are those of us energy and
product consumers.

According to the usual redneck and FUD-master likes of Hagar and his
company of ZNR oligarch friends, only deregulation will fix all of
that, just like their ENRON had everything all fixed up until pesky
state attorney generals and a few private energy consumers had just
about enough of being screwed over.

This is not to say that our government has been accomplishing even 10%
of what it claims to have authority over, and in some instances having
directly made situations a whole lot worse and often behind closed
doors so that only generations from now will ever get any chance of
knowing the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

This is why the honest all-inclusive cost of extracting and process
minerals and rare elements is always a whole lot more costly and
otherwise packing loads of Karma, than we’re being told of by our
peers. By allowing some of us to go off-world for obtaining at least
a few of these most depleted and/or restricted minerals and rare
elements would greatly alleviate the local trauma and spendy Karma
that we’re otherwise stuck with. Of course terrestrial use of solar,
wind, geothermal, hydroelectric and even failsafe thorium derived
energy potential is always a given, but that too is tree-hugger
restricted and otherwise politicized to death, in part because of the
mainstream status-quo policies set up and enforced by oligarchs plus
the always “not in my backyard” mindset that our government of this
supposed republic does little if anything to eliminate.

What sort of weird geology shows us such physically dark minerals and
raw element colors/hues from a great distance, but then turns
monochromatic, becomes highly reflective and inert upon close and
totally objective inspections?

Going off-world doesn’t even have to represent an extremely nearby and
geologically active planet like Venus, because we have an enormous
moon that’s loaded with most of everything worth going after.

The moon is not actually monochromatic nor inert:
Moon’s natural surface colors are those of all the perfectly natural
minerals as they unavoidably react to the visible and UV spectrum, as
only better viewed with having their natural color/hue saturation
cranked up, as otherwise there’s no false or artificial colors added.
http://spaceweather.com/submissions/...1346444660.jpg
http://www.spaceweather.com/swpod200...4dnmol44vuaf43

Oddly the NASA/Apollo era and their rad-hard Kodak version of our
physically dark and paramagnetic moon is apparently the one and only
off-world location that becomes more inert as well as more reflective
and monochromatic by the closer you get to it, and any planet other
than Earth simply can’t be recorded within the same FOV as having the
horizon of that naked moon (regardless of the FOV direction or use of
any given lens, as well as not even possible when using the world’s
best film and optics along with a polarized optical filter to reduce
the local surface glare doesn’t seem to help).

Obviously our mainstream peers have always insisted that the regular
laws of physics do not apply to that of Venus or even our moon, and
any natural geology colors are simply intentionally introduced as
false or fake colors because of our Apollo era was that of a purely
monochromatic and inert moon that had nothing of any value to offer,
including not even carbonado or bedrock of any common dark basalt.

BTW; be certain to never get that physically dark moon in the same
FOV as Saturn, Jupiter or especially Venus or even Mercury, because
according to our NASA/Apollo era they’ll hardly show up and there will
be nothing of any color or hue saturation to work with. Oddly the
only color on the moon is supposedly that which astronauts brought
along, and apparently none of that was the least bit UV reactive or
even capable of reflecting our bluish planetshine that offers upwards
of 50 times brighter illumination than any moonlight here on Earth,
and from that Apollo era there’s still no telling what the planetshine
illuminated temperature or any other nighttime environment
consideration is on the cool surface of our naked moon, that is other
than its abundance of gamma and X-rays.

Outside of our natural human visual perceptions of its dynamic range
as well as colors, there’s radar assisted imaging and of course those
methods via laser ranging and always X-ray and gamma spectrometry of
any given surface that becomes quite reliably viewable regardless of
day or night, cloudy or clear via such imaging technology, that which
only redneck bigots and FUD-masters claim is inadmissible.

Besides merely following my deductive interpretations, do reconsider
bothering yourself to take another subjective and open mindset look-
see, and then honestly and deductively interpret this hot terrain of
Venus for yourself, as to what some of those highly unusual patterns
could possibly represent, as offering anything other than the random
geology happenstance of hot rocks that only so happen to look exactly
like complex infrastructure.

“Guth Venus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...79402364691314

This is not to say that 99.9999% of the Venus surface doesn’t look
perfectly natural (at least it does to me), just like the surface of
Earth might look if having to use the exact same SAR-C imaging methods
and its limited resolution. After all, a millionth of that hot Venus
surface area is still 4.6e8 m2, or 460 km2, and this most complex area
of “Guth Venus” (100 x 100 pixels or 506 km2) that still includes
mostly natural geology, isn’t involving but a fraction more than a
millionth of the Venus surface area, and yet it seems as though highly
developed and to a large enough scale that by rights should make for
deductively interpreting those patterns as rather easy, for even a
dysfunctional 5th grader.

It can also be suggested and reasonably argued that initially (4+
billion years ago) our sun was 25% cooler than nowadays, thereby
making Venus quite naked Goldilocks approved. But this doesn’t fully
explain as to why such a large sale of a community or mining operation
was established, and as to why Venus has been radiating such a large
amount of its geothermal core energy and as having been creating all
of that unprotected atmosphere that has to be continually renewed due
to the lack of any geomagnetic field, 10% less gravity and being
closer to the sun.

Other thumbnail images, including “mgn_c115s095_1.gif” (225 m/pixel)
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/th...humbnails.html
Lava channels, Lo Shen Valles, Venus from Magellan Cycle 1
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/ht...115s095_1.html
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hi...c115s095_1.gif

BTW; there's still no American flags on Venus, but there have been
USSR/Russian flags on multiple landers that got their landers situated
there decades before us. So, perhaps we’ll have to concede and
otherwise accept that Venus and all of its natural resources belongs
to Russia.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

On Sep 3, 12:49*am, Stuf4 wrote:
"The Space Race was a proxy war against the Soviets." -Steven Colbert

That's the most succinct analysis of the space race as I've ever seen broadcast. *Colbert & Stewart are masters of cutting straight to the heart of the matter. *Here's the full quote from last Friday's show (where Neil Armstrong is more roasted than eulogized):

================
But for God's sake, you brought a plaque up there which reads:

"WE CAME IN PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND"

Come on! *The Space Race was a proxy war against the Soviets. *That plaque should have read:

"SUCK IT, IVAN! *SINCERELY, JFK'S GHOST"
=================

( Colbert's Armstrong piece starts immediately after the commercial break:
*http://www.colbertnation.com/full-ep...1-2012-james-c....
*http://colbertnewshub.tumblr.com/)

Understanding how the third-party proxy set up to fight this "war" was NASA, dressed to appear as a non-military non-aggressive non-threatening entity, then one gains the greater understanding that Neil Armstrong's "small step" was the culmination of *Eisenhower's* initiative. *And it was Ike's effort that was carried on by JFK, LBJ and finally Eisenhower's former VP.

The severe lack of recognition for Eisenhower's brilliance in strategizing for the Space Race is a topic I have thoroughly expounded upon in this forum long ago.

Aside from that one oversight, Colbert's words were spot on!

...and perhaps that is the ultimate tribute to Armstrong's legacy. *FINALLY bringing to the public at large a solid understanding of what the Space Race was.

Facts that are hard to swallow are made more palatable by comedians by coating them with laughter. *This is often used as a stepping stone toward general acceptance. *I look forward to that next stage of people understanding what the Space Race really was, when an historian can lay it out to the public in words as clear as Colbert used last week, minus the comedic shell.

When that day comes, it will usher in a new era of understanding - one where we can live in confidence that we did learn the lessons of the Cold War accurately.

~ CT

Old September 18th 12, 03:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 7, 4:33*pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:09:02 PM UTC+10, Brad Guth wrote:
The mutually perpetrated cold-war era was a series of proxy wars that

brought us to 9/11 and beyond. *The mostly redneck ZNRs and fellow FUD-

masters think proxy wars are sheer fun and highly profitable, as well

as insuring that as much public loot keeps going into their military

industrial complex and otherwise insures as much public funded job

security w/benefits as possible.

You are insane.

You are in denial. Which one of us is more justified?