ASTRO: Ethos 13mm eyepiece

Old September 5th 07, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Ethos 13mm eyepiece

Here's a close-up of the proto-type Ethos 13mm eyepiece. Several internet
'stores' are reporting that this eyepiece will go on sale on September 15th
2007.

Everyone who looked thru the Ethos was impressed. They had it on the Televue
127mm refractor, and a number of big Dobs, including an Obsession 25 and a
32-inch ATM scope.

George N

PS: Where do I send my check?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ethos 13mm eyepiece.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1175
Old September 5th 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

Here's a close-up of the proto-type Ethos 13mm eyepiece. Several internet
'stores' are reporting that this eyepiece will go on sale on September 15th
2007.

Everyone who looked thru the Ethos was impressed. They had it on the Televue
127mm refractor, and a number of big Dobs, including an Obsession 25 and a
32-inch ATM scope.

George N

PS: Where do I send my check?

The scope would give me a nice FOV with the STL-11000! Unfortunately,
it is far more expensive than the eyepiece!

Rick

Old September 5th 07, 05:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

The scope would give me a nice FOV with the STL-11000! Unfortunately, it
is far more expensive than the eyepiece!

Rick,

If you had a TV 127is you would probably buy one of those new 9000
cameras with the giant chips.......

....and then you'd need a tower with about 10 hard drives to store all
of the raw image files!

My problem is that my head is big enough that I *can* use two Ethos in a
bino-viewer! Guess I'll have to order a pair.....

George N

Old September 5th 07, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote

The scope would give me a nice FOV with the STL-11000! Unfortunately, it
is far more expensive than the eyepiece!

Rick,

If you had a TV 127is you would probably buy one of those new 9000
cameras with the giant chips.......

....and then you'd need a tower with about 10 hard drives to store all
of the raw image files!

My problem is that my head is big enough that I *can* use two Ethos in a
bino-viewer! Guess I'll have to order a pair.....

George N

I've never used a bino-viewer, just binoculars but did look through a
pair of 6" ones a guy up here took from a Japanese bunker. Damn those
were great! I don't have two matched eyepieces to put in one. Besides
the Ethoses I'd need two astigmatism removers as well as I have severe
astigmatism and I doubt it's eye relief allows me to wear glasses and
see the entire FOV. At least they are a lot cheaper than the eyepiece
itself.

Old September 7th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

I've never used a bino-viewer, just binoculars but did look through a pair
of 6" ones a guy up here took from a Japanese bunker. Damn those were
great.........

Rick,

I just bought the OCS lens I need to get the Denk bino's that Kopernik
owns to work on my 20" F/5. I had used them a little on the 20RC, C-14, and
6" F/12 refractor. I thought it would just be a "novelty" to be used for an
hour or so at Stellafane. However people would not let me take them off the
scope so they ended up on the thing for most of two nights. I especially
liked the guy who said: "Can I go and get my wife to see this?" Sure enough
he was back with her about 20 minutes latter, trying to convince her to buy
bino's!

When I asked if anyone had looked thru a "real" binocular telescope no
one had. However, John Stiles (of OGS) said that he just got a call from
someone who wanted to pay him to repair a JMI 6-inch "pair" so he said that
he would let me know if they are as good as people report.

George N