Cosmos 1: Down under

Old June 21st 05, 08:18 AM
peter

Default Cosmos 1: Down under

Hi,

I live on the Central East coast of Austrralia. I heard that cosmos 1 will
be clearly vissible to the naked eye.
Where abouts in the night sky should I look, to try and spot it? What would
I see?

thanks and cheers

peter pax

Old June 21st 05, 08:39 AM
John Popelish

peter wrote:
Hi,

I live on the Central East coast of Austrralia. I heard that cosmos 1 will
be clearly vissible to the naked eye.
Where abouts in the night sky should I look, to try and spot it? What would
I see?

thanks and cheers

peter pax

This site will tell you about everything visible passing over:
http://www.heavens-above.com/
Old June 21st 05, 08:56 AM
peter

"John Popelish" wrote in message
peter wrote:
Hi,

I live on the Central East coast of Austrralia. I heard that cosmos 1
will be clearly vissible to the naked eye.
Where abouts in the night sky should I look, to try and spot it? What
would I see?

thanks and cheers

peter pax

This site will tell you about everything visible passing over:
http://www.heavens-above.com/

Well, thankyou very much.. That is a great site.

Cheers
peter pax

Old June 21st 05, 11:35 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , John Popelish
writes
peter wrote:
Hi,
I live on the Central East coast of Austrralia. I heard that cosmos
1 will be clearly vissible to the naked eye.
Where abouts in the night sky should I look, to try and spot it? What
would I see?
thanks and cheers
peter pax

This site will tell you about everything visible passing over:
http://www.heavens-above.com/

Cosmos 1 has apparently been successfully launched :-)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4110912.stm and Heavens-Above is
already giving predictions, with the caveat that the solar sail won't be
deployed for a few days. Let's hope that works too.
--
Boycott whale killers - Japan, Iceland, Norway
Old June 22nd 05, 07:48 PM
Aristotle

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:35:39 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

In message , John Popelish
writes
peter wrote:
Hi,
I live on the Central East coast of Austrralia. I heard that cosmos
1 will be clearly vissible to the naked eye.
Where abouts in the night sky should I look, to try and spot it? What
would I see?
thanks and cheers
peter pax

This site will tell you about everything visible passing over:
http://www.heavens-above.com/

Cosmos 1 has apparently been successfully launched :-)

Throcket yes, but alas, the experiment has not.
Old June 22nd 05, 10:21 PM
peter

"Aristotle" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:35:39 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

In message , John Popelish
writes
peter wrote:
Hi,
I live on the Central East coast of Austrralia. I heard that cosmos
1 will be clearly vissible to the naked eye.
Where abouts in the night sky should I look, to try and spot it? What
would I see?
thanks and cheers
peter pax
This site will tell you about everything visible passing over:
http://www.heavens-above.com/

Cosmos 1 has apparently been successfully launched :-)

Throcket yes, but alas, the experiment has not.

..."if at first...."
or
"third time lucky" ?

What a shame.

Did thet really fund this experiment for about $4mil ?

Old June 24th 05, 06:51 AM
Aristotle

Throcket yes, but alas, the experiment has not.

.."if at first...."
or
"third time lucky" ?

What a shame.

Did thet really fund this experiment for about $4mil ?

Yes, hopefully it was insured.