'Woopies' turn to the stars for inspiration

Old February 23rd 04, 11:39 AM
Mike Murphy

Default 'Woopies' turn to the stars for inspiration

FYI:

Older generation snaps up new range of cheaper, user-friendly
telescopes to keep an eye on the heavens
by
Robin McKie, science editor, The Observer

see:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...120484,00.html

Regards
- Mike
Old February 23rd 04, 01:50 PM
Simon

Great, now my second hobby will have the same reputation as my first
(amateur radio)!
Quote from wife: 'Why do you only have hobies that old people do?'

I'm only 37. Ho hum.

Simon

Old February 23rd 04, 04:15 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Simon wrote:
'Why do you only have hobies that old people do?'

Curious. I've only ever seen young people in hobies.

(http://www.hobiecat.com/)

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old February 23rd 04, 04:16 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Mike Murphy wrote:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...120484,00.html

Interesting:
As a result, business has mushroomed, particularly among the elderly,'
said Ninian Boyle, of telescope-maker Venture Scope.

Well, well, Venturescope now make them, do they? You learn something new
every day in the Grauniad/Observer....

Old February 23rd 04, 04:25 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:16:52 +0000, Stephen Tonkin
wrote:

Mike Murphy wrote:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...120484,00.html

Interesting:
As a result, business has mushroomed, particularly among the elderly,'
said Ninian Boyle, of telescope-maker Venture Scope.

Well, well, Venturescope now make them, do they? You learn something new
every day in the Grauniad/Observer....

Anything can happen in Emsworth - it's a strange place. No really it
is!
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old February 23rd 04, 07:03 PM
Simon

oops... 'hobbies'..
....typing too fast

Simon

Old February 23rd 04, 10:16 PM
mike ring

Mike Murphy wrote in
:

Older generation snaps up new range of cheaper, user-friendly
telescopes

If anyone knows of a user-friendly scope I would be glad to hear about it

mike r (

Old February 24th 04, 09:29 AM
Chris.B

Mike Murphy wrote in message . ..

Older generation snaps up new range of cheaper, user-friendly
telescopes to keep an eye on the heavens

- Mike

What about impoverished old farts who started when they were still
impoverished snotty-nosed kids. Did they mention us? Thought not.
Lower middle class snobs!

Chris.B ;-)