Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

Old December 26th 18, 11:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 3:26:31 AM UTC-8, Daniel60 wrote:
Double-A wrote on 23/12/2018 7:35 AM:
Yes, winter is finally here.

No, it isn't!! It's Summer, but not too hot .... YET!!

You must be an Aussie!

And why do you post this in a newsgroup supposedly for Astronomy??

--
Daniel

When was the last time you saw anybody post anything about astronomy in this newsgroup?

Double-A

Old December 26th 18, 11:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 4:25:53 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Best of times, worst of times ( especially with Trump )

The stock market began its Santa Clause rally today! DOW up 1,086.25 !!! What better endorsement of Trump!

Double-A

Old December 27th 18, 02:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 2:45:57 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 4:25:53 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Best of times, worst of times ( especially with Trump )

The stock market began its Santa Clause rally today! DOW up 1,086.25 !!! What better endorsement of Trump!

Double-A

Up and down tells me its all inside trading Billion airs calling the shorts.Martha Stewart was the last to go to jail. Gates and Buffet can't lose.GOP Mafia big winner.Trump made a fortune closing the government.We the people zip.Bert
Old December 27th 18, 02:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 12:55:51 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Yes, winter is finally here. Cloudy sky and rain expected later. 43F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind east at 13 mph. Humidity 68%. No chance for a white Christmas here.

Well, they say the government has been shut down! Does that mean it no longer exists? Does it mean I no longer have to obey its laws? That would be nice!

I will be incommunicado for a few days after today. Library will close for both Christmas and Christmas Eve (Those librarians love to take every holiday off they can get away with!). And tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday: the big 7 0 !

Double-A

Old December 27th 18, 11:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 5:33:06 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 2:45:57 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 4:25:53 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Best of times, worst of times ( especially with Trump )

The stock market began its Santa Clause rally today! DOW up 1,086.25 !!! What better endorsement of Trump!

Double-A

Up and down tells me its all inside trading Billion airs calling the shorts.Martha Stewart was the last to go to jail. Gates and Buffet can't lose.GOP Mafia big winner.Trump made a fortune closing the government.We the people zip.Bert

After dropping precipitously 600 points or so during the day, the DOW has closed up 260 points to continue the Santa Claus rally! All's well that ends well, the Bard said. I was waiting for Trump to pardon Martha Stewart. She starred on a spinoff of his Apprentice show. But now I have heard she voted for Hillary, so perhaps not!

A pleasant day here in Gresham for December. Now 46F as of 2 PM. Wind only 2 mph out of the east. Some clouds, but not raining. Humidity 73%.

The usual crowed here at the library.

Double-A

Old December 28th 18, 01:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Double-A wrote on 27/12/2018 9:42 AM:
On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 3:26:31 AM UTC-8, Daniel60 wrote:
Double-A wrote on 23/12/2018 7:35 AM:
Yes, winter is finally here.

No, it isn't!! It's Summer, but not too hot .... YET!!

You must be an Aussie!

And why do you post this in a newsgroup supposedly for Astronomy??

When was the last time you saw anybody post anything about astronomy
in this newsgroup?

Been a while, sure, but no harm in hoping, surely!!

--
Daniel
Old December 30th 18, 10:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A fairly nice day here in Gresham. A few scattered showers. Temp now 46F as of 1:30 PM. Wind west at 6 mph. Humidity 73%.

Had lunch with Kim on Friday this week. Was stormy yesterday.

The Ducks will play Michigan State at 12 noon PST tomorrow in the bay area Redbox Bowl. FOX network.

Double-A

Old December 31st 18, 02:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 12:55:51 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Yes, winter is finally here. Cloudy sky and rain expected later. 43F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind east at 13 mph. Humidity 68%. No chance for a white Christmas here.

Well, they say the government has been shut down! Does that mean it no longer exists? Does it mean I no longer have to obey its laws? That would be nice!

I will be incommunicado for a few days after today. Library will close for both Christmas and Christmas Eve (Those librarians love to take every holiday off they can get away with!). And tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday: the big 7 0 !

Double-A

Took a bad fall and its was my fault.Be at the hospital in the morning.No bones broken,but deep cuts that keep bleeding.I'm a microbe icecream cone .Cool and cold.I'm getting to be a mountain man in my van. 2018 is ending up making me weak.Very depressed too.What to do? I will end up "the poor Jew" Friends I have very few.Being deaf none that I can speak too.I talk to myself all of the day.I forget what I say. Well I do remember an arguement I had with I this morning,but I can't remember if I won or what it was about.Life is not easy when reaching 91.I use to have fun. Bert

Old January 1st 19, 01:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

[...]

Take care of yourself, Bert. There is no excuse for falling, because there is no ice down there! So far we have been lucky, and there has been no ice or snow here either.

Now 41F here in Gresham as of 4:30 PM. Sky clear. Wind northeast at 4 mph.. Humidity 75%.

Ducks won the Red Box Bowl in San Francisco today in a defensive battle 7 - 6 ! I think Gang Green is back!

Happy New Year everyone!

Now to go buy some beer!

Double-A

First day of winter Gerald Kelleher Amateur Astronomy 0 November 1st 18 11:52 AM
Vic Winter ... RIP Anthony Ayiomamitis Amateur Astronomy 11 February 11th 07 08:29 AM
The Winter Triangle! Double-A Misc 2 November 14th 06 07:37 PM
145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 8 March 9th 06 04:16 PM
When's Martian winter? dkc_2001 Misc 22 May 28th 04 07:45 PM