Tang/Vodka experiment underway!

Old October 23rd 03, 07:09 AM
LooseChanj

Default Tang/Vodka experiment underway!

Materials: 2 liters of Tang, made from mix, 1 fifth of Smirnoff. Filled my
favorite mug with approx. 1 shot of vodka, and the rest Tang. Immedietly
afterwards decided to consult the group on what a proper propellent mixture
might be. Right now I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 or 15:1,
which upon reflection is clearly too low. Also considering a fast to clean
the pipes and calling tonight the "control".

I haven't had either Tang or vodka in ages, so this observation might be a bit
off, but it seems the vodka has taken something of the edge off the Tang.

I hope to report results (hic) Sat morning.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if you

Old October 23rd 03, 10:08 AM
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

I hope to report results (hic) Sat morning.

Godspeed....

And whatever you do, don't light that candle....

Pat

Old October 23rd 03, 12:08 PM
Leonard T. Armstrong

The Continental martini bar in Philladelphia makes a drink called the "Buzz
Aldrin" that consists of peach Stoli, triple sec and Tang. It is served in a
martini glass with the rim laced with Tang powder. It is their most popular
drink and it is awsome.

-- Leonard

m...

Old October 23rd 03, 03:04 PM
jeff findley

"Leonard T. Armstrong" writes:

The Continental martini bar in Philladelphia makes a drink called the "Buzz
Aldrin" that consists of peach Stoli, triple sec and Tang. It is served in a
martini glass with the rim laced with Tang powder. It is their most popular
drink and it is awsome.

How about these 28 drinks for more buzz?

http://www.thevirtualbar.com/Ingredients/Tang.html

Their Buzz Aldrin is different:

http://www.thevirtualbar.com/cgi-bin/dspdrink?RecNo=539

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old October 23rd 03, 03:08 PM
R Neutron

LooseChanj wrote in message om...
Materials: 2 liters of Tang, made from mix, 1 fifth of Smirnoff. Filled my
favorite mug with approx. 1 shot of vodka, and the rest Tang. Immedietly
afterwards decided to consult the group on what a proper propellent mixture
might be. Right now I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 or 15:1,
which upon reflection is clearly too low. Also considering a fast to clean
the pipes and calling tonight the "control".

I haven't had either Tang or vodka in ages, so this observation might be a bit
off, but it seems the vodka has taken something of the edge off the Tang.

I hope to report results (hic) Sat morning.

with white hushpuppies on...... "This tang dont need no vodka"
Old October 23rd 03, 03:10 PM
jeff findley

"Leonard T. Armstrong" writes:

The Continental martini bar in Philladelphia makes a drink called the "Buzz
Aldrin" that consists of peach Stoli, triple sec and Tang. It is served in a
martini glass with the rim laced with Tang powder. It is their most popular
drink and it is awsome.

More web browsing makes your memory a bit more clear:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/ent...fe/6168900.htm
http://entertainment.sunspot.net/top/1,1419,p-artslife-music-!PlaceDetail-6248,00.html

Sounds like it's Tang, Stolichnaya Peach Vodka, and triple sec (served
as you describe in the martini glass with the Tang powder on the rim).

Jeff
Old October 24th 03, 04:56 PM
Hop David

LooseChanj wrote:
Materials: 2 liters of Tang, made from mix, 1 fifth of Smirnoff. Filled my
favorite mug with approx. 1 shot of vodka, and the rest Tang. Immedietly
afterwards decided to consult the group on what a proper propellent mixture
might be. Right now I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 or 15:1,
which upon reflection is clearly too low. Also considering a fast to clean
the pipes and calling tonight the "control".

I haven't had either Tang or vodka in ages, so this observation might be a bit
off, but it seems the vodka has taken something of the edge off the Tang.

I hope to report results (hic) Sat morning.

Sounds like a NASA/RKA screwdriver.

How much does it cost?

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old October 24th 03, 05:17 PM
Herb Schaltegger

In article ,
Hop David wrote:

Sounds like a NASA/RKA screwdriver.

How much does it cost?

Good question. I know it wasn't in the approved On-Orbit Toolkit for
Space Station Freedom; not when I had to fight to get a standard
miniature socket set included . . . :-(

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer

GR experiment proposed for ISS Karl Hallowell Technology 0 March 27th 04 10:57 AM
An experiment I did Niko Holm Policy 24 January 23rd 04 03:00 PM
Mars Rover dust experiment Earl Colby Pottinger Science 3 January 21st 04 11:57 PM
1971 laser ASAT experiment Allen Thomson Policy 2 November 18th 03 03:02 PM
NASA Selects Commercial Space Ride For Technology Experiment Ron Baalke Technology 0 September 4th 03 06:15 PM