ASTRO: NGC 5078/5101 (galaxies in Hydra)

Old October 17th 11, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 5078/5101 (galaxies in Hydra)

Now these were the kind of objects I wanted to image in Namibia: Galaxies.
NGC 5101 (barred spiral to the left) and NGC 5078 (edge-on to the right) in
Hydra.

Object: NGC 5078/5101
Scope: ASA 12" Astrograph
Camera: Atik 383/ Baader LRGB
Exposu 10x10m Lum, 4x10m R+B each, 3x10m G
Mount/Guiding: ASA DDM85/guidescope/Lodestar/AstroArt5
Seeing/limiting mag: SQM-L 21,6
Date: 25.05.2011

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp6/5078-5101cropgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5078-5101cropgut.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	551.4 KB
ID:	3775

Date: 25.05.2011

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp6/5078-5101cropgut.jpg

Stefan

I was wondering if there were more from your southern trip. Both the
small and large clouds have a lifetime of objects in them it seems.
Don't think I'd seen those you did in he small cloud. Eta Carina was a
grand sight visually in a 14" f/7 scope when I was in New Zealand.
Never got a chance to image anything while there. Love these galaxies.
There are a ton of interesting galaxies down under. More than we have
up here. I live in the wrong hemisphere. You did a great job on these two.

Rick

Old October 18th 11, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick,

I would guess that I have processed about 40% of all images I got in
Namibia, so I have enough data to keep me going for a while :-)

Stefan

.com...

Daily Report #5101 Cooper, Joe Hubble 0 May 21st 10 03:06 PM
M83 in Hydra Mick[_1_] Amateur Astronomy 2 May 21st 10 04:56 AM
Daily Report #5078 Cooper, Joe Hubble 0 April 20th 10 04:53 PM
M83 - Galaxy in Hydra ukastronomy Astronomy Misc 0 March 2nd 08 09:37 AM
M83 - Galaxy in Hydra ukastronomy UK Astronomy 0 March 2nd 08 09:36 AM