11.5 billion light years away super massive galaxy photoed by localtelescope?

Old August 6th 09, 08:52 AM posted to alt.music.rush,rec.aviation.military,alt.elvis.king,sci.space.history,alt.movies.spielberg
LIBERATOR[_3_]

Default 11.5 billion light years away super massive galaxy photoed by localtelescope?

Okay I have to decode this for you. NASA never tells the truth, but
the truth is hidden in lies.

No telescope can see beyond the Milky Way Galaxy. There is too much
galactic dust and other planets and stars. But yet the story says the
galaxy it's seeing is 11 billion light years away. Ahh, flying saucers
went that far to take the photo. Ahhh, so how do they travel that far
that would take zillion lifetimes? Nope, a wormhole is opened and it
probably took 35 minutes. Could you imagine being 11 billion light
years from our earth? You know what's scary, you might find a better
earth, there are a zillion earths with human beings everywhere. Like I
said, we're like ants, we're everywhere.

But at the same time, District 9 is coming out and portraying the
facts of super-intelligent super-able insectoid beings that can bio-
mutate humans into insects, to eat them. That is the story I was able
to decode from the trailer. First the insectoids were nice beings,
would even have given hugs to humans, but the humans were mean, and
then went snooping of which a aerosol can was found, the dunce
released its contents and it transforms him into a zombie insect, of
which then the fighting in the trailer shows him being combatted by
other humans, and possibly even the other insectoids might want to eat
him. Irregardless, flying saucers can get you 11 billion light years
away under an hour. It would really be nice to have Bob Lazar active
in USENET. I'd love to get stats from him on this distance. But he's
too busy and not free of responsibility like all the wannabees hanging
out in USENET.

I also feel the speeding stars & motion being explained really doesn't
have a purpose other than dysinformation. Perhaps we're supposed to
figure that if we flying regularily in a flying saucer or any type of
starship, the coordinates we left when we left home won't be the
coordinates we need to return home. So how are they compensating is
what I'd ask someone like Bob Lazar or any Martian. Or perhaps it's
all bogus, but I guarantee you a flying saucer will get you 11 billion
light years away under an hour. And stargates existing, that's like 10
seconds. Remember, stargates are powered by suns or stars. Suns or
stars are transdimensional presences and the scientists learned how to
use that transdimensional presence to create stargates. Problem is, if
I'm not mistaken, is that you have to have people cooperating at both
ends. So somehow if you sought to open a stargate 11 billion light
years away, you first had to fly there to get collaborators, on a
planet or a moon. But this has been going on for billions of years,
this is not new, this is prehistoric technology yet it seems to us
prehistoric earth people like it's gazillions of light years old, it's
not.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200908...arawaygalaxies

Speeding Stars Confirm Bizarre Nature of Faraway Galaxies
Print AP – This image provided by NASA this July 23, 2009 is a photo
made by the Spitzer Space Telescope of the … Clara Moskowitz

Stars in a distant galaxy move at stunning speeds — greater than 1
million mph, astronomers have revealed.

These hyperactive stars move at about twice the speed of our sun
through the Milky Way, because their host galaxy is very massive, yet
strangely compact. The scene, which has theorists baffled, is 11
billion light-years away. It is the first time motions of individual
stars have been measured in a galaxy so distant.

While the stars' swiftness is notable, stars in other galaxies have
been observed to travel at similarly high speeds. In those situations,
it was usually because they were interlopers from outside, or circling
close to a black hole.

But in this case, the stars' high velocities help astronomers confirm
that the galaxy they belong to really is as massive as earlier data
suggested.

Bizarre, indeed

The compact nature of this and similar galaxies in the faraway early
universe is puzzling to scientists, who don't yet understand why some
young, massive galaxies are about five times smaller than their
counterparts today.

"A lot of people were thinking we had overestimated these masses in
the past," said Yale University astronomer Pieter van Dokkum, leader
of the new study. "But this confirms they are extremely massive for
their size. These galaxies are indeed as bizarre as we thought they
were."

Scientists used the new velocity measurements, conducted with the
Gemini South telescope in Chile and the Hubble Space Telescope, to
test the mass of a galaxy identified as 1255-0. The same way that the
sun's gravity determines the orbiting speed of the Earth, the galaxy's
gravity, and thus its mass, determines the velocities of the stars
inside it.

The researchers found that indeed, the galaxy is exceptionally dense.

Given its distance of 11 billion light-years, galaxy 1255-0 is seen as
it existed 11 billion years ago, less than 3 billion years after the
theoretical Big Bang. Among other galaxies we can observe from this
time period, about 30 to 40 percent are compact like this one. But in
the modern, nearby universe, astronomers don't find anything similar.

Something wrong?

Somehow, high-mass galaxies from the young universe grow in size but
not in mass – they spread out but maintain their overall heft – to
become the high-mass galaxies we see today.

"It's a bit of a puzzle," van Dokkum told SPACE.com. "We think these
galaxies must grow through collisions with other galaxies. The weird
thing is that these mergers must lead to galaxies that are larger in
size but not much more massive. We need a mechanism that grows them in
size but not in mass."

So far, such a mechanism is elusive, but astronomers have some ideas.
Perhaps these galaxies expand their girth by merging with many small,
low-mass galaxies. Or maybe these galaxies eventually become the dense
central regions of even larger galaxies.

"It could also still be that we are doing something wrong," van Dokkum
said. "But I think at the moment you could say that the ball is
somewhat in the court of the theorists. Hopefully they can come up
with some kind of explanation that we can test further."

Original Story: Speeding Stars Confirm Bizarre Nature of Faraway
Galaxies
SPACE.com offers rich and compelling content about space science,
travel and exploration as well as astronomy, technology, business news
and more. The site boasts a variety of popular features including our
space image of the day and other space pictures,space videos, Top 10s,
Trivia, podcasts and Amazing Images submitted by our users. Join our
community, sign up for our free newsletters and register for our RSS
Feeds today!

Old August 6th 09, 09:11 AM posted to alt.music.rush,rec.aviation.military,alt.elvis.king,sci.space.history,alt.movies.spielberg
LIBERATOR[_3_]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*------------------------------------------------------http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090805/sc_space/speedingstarsconfirmb...

[...]

gazillion years advanced... not old.. I didn't proofread I type faster
than I think...
Old August 6th 09, 09:45 AM posted to alt.music.rush,rec.aviation.military,alt.elvis.king,sci.space.history,alt.movies.spielberg
Luuk[_2_]

Default too much drugs make your brain go dead

"LIBERATOR" schreef in bericht

Old August 6th 09, 02:45 PM posted to alt.music.rush,rec.aviation.military,alt.elvis.king,sci.space.history,alt.movies.spielberg
Pat Flannery

Luuk wrote:

No telescope can see beyond the Milky Way Galaxy. There is too much
galactic dust and other planets and stars.

You might want to take a peek at the Andromeda Galaxy sometime - you can
see that one with your naked eye.

Pat

Old August 6th 09, 09:30 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Luuk wrote:

No telescope can see beyond the Milky Way Galaxy. There is too much
galactic dust and other planets and stars.

You might want to take a peek at the Andromeda Galaxy sometime - you can see
that one with your naked eye.

Pat

Pat, come now, Stop putting words into that persons writing.
And assuming sequiturs where none was intended. That person
DIDN'T say you couldn't see beyond the Milky Way with the naked eye!
And frankly, the Universe is a wee bit too untidy and could use
some dusting and picking up, starting with my office.

Heck I've worked with telescopes that couldn't see beyond my back
yard too! But then I got serious about it and stopped relying on
astronomy via Xmas gifts.

Maybe this person just needs to increase the sample size.

;-)

Dave

Old August 6th 09, 10:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
You might want to take a peek at the Andromeda Galaxy sometime - you can see
that one with your naked eye.

Pat

Pat, come now, Stop putting words into that persons writing.
And assuming sequiturs where none was intended. That person
DIDN'T say you couldn't see beyond the Milky Way with the naked eye!
And frankly, the Universe is a wee bit too untidy and could use
some dusting and picking up, starting with my office.

If you ever get a chance, take a peek at the Andromeda Galaxy with some
high quality night vision goggles, because it looks like...a spiral
galaxy! You can actually see it as a galaxy, just like in photos.
Although dim, its apparent diameter is a bit bigger than the full Moon.

Pat
Old August 11th 09, 07:23 PM posted to sci.space.history
Paul Revere's Horse

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:45:21 +0200, "Luuk"

"LIBERATOR" schreef in bericht
Okay I have to decode this for you. NASA never tells the truth, but
the truth is hidden in lies.

No telescope can see beyond the Milky Way Galaxy.

BZZZZZ Wrong answer, next wacko please