Satellite reportedly lost on SpaceX flight

Old January 9th 18, 05:38 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
David E. Powell

Default Satellite reportedly lost on SpaceX flight

Fortunately, this bug did not occur with a crewed flight:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-spy...ils-1515462479

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-spy-satellite-believed-lost-after-spacex-mission-fails-1515462479

Old January 10th 18, 01:47 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

Fortunately, this bug did not occur with a crewed flight:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-spy...ils-1515462479

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-spy-satellite-believed-lost-after-spacex-mission-fails-1515462479

SpaceX has stated the flight was nominal. The failure appears to have
happened after the Falcon 9 entered orbit. This leaves the payload
adapter or the payload as the possible culprits. The payload adapter
was made by Northrop Grumman, not SpaceX.

So, unless the accident investigation discovers otherwise, I would say
this was a successful launch even though it was a mission failure.

Also, this particular WSJ author has always had something against
SpaceX, so it doesn't surprise me that the wording (especially the
headline) makes it sound like SpaceX is at fault here.

Jeff