Re-Entry Path and Arrival for Shuttle?

Old August 7th 05, 05:05 PM
W. Watson

Default Re-Entry Path and Arrival for Shuttle?

Does anyone know (web address) the planned re-entry time, landing, and path for
the shuttle? I'm particularly interested in visibility from the western U.S.
Maybe this info isn't yet available. I didn't see anything on Heavens Above.
That is, a check there shows no visible passes between now and tomorrow
afternoon here in the Sacramento area.

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
- Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Old August 7th 05, 06:51 PM
Tom Polakis

W. Watson wrote:
Does anyone know (web address) the planned re-entry time, landing, and path for
the shuttle? I'm particularly interested in visibility from the western U.S.
Maybe this info isn't yet available. I didn't see anything on Heavens Above.
That is, a check there shows no visible passes between now and tomorrow
afternoon here in the Sacramento area.

Two problems: the inclination is too steep for the final approach to be
visible from the western U.S., and this time, the approach is from the
southwest. None of the U.S. (except Florida) will see the STS-114
reentry. Good story with a reentry path graphic by Jim Oberg he

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8839204/

Tom

Old August 8th 05, 12:19 AM
zmike6

On 7 Aug 2005 10:51:17 -0700, "Tom Polakis"
wrote:

W. Watson wrote:
Does anyone know (web address) the planned re-entry time, landing, and path for
the shuttle? I'm particularly interested in visibility from the western U.S.
Maybe this info isn't yet available. I didn't see anything on Heavens Above.
That is, a check there shows no visible passes between now and tomorrow
afternoon here in the Sacramento area.

Two problems: the inclination is too steep for the final approach to be
visible from the western U.S., and this time, the approach is from the
southwest. None of the U.S. (except Florida) will see the STS-114
reentry. Good story with a reentry path graphic by Jim Oberg he

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8839204/

Tom

Shoot. If that article is correct, looks like I won't get any more
chances to watch a re-entry from Austin, TX. The few times I've seen
it were awesome.
Old August 8th 05, 04:07 AM
canopus56

http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/crew/landing.html