Photos

Old August 4th 05, 05:00 PM
Starlord

Default Photos

I'll be posting two photos up on the astro photo newsgroup, one will be of
the corner I set up on in daylight showing the scope, the 2nd will be the
same corner taken after dark.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

Old August 4th 05, 06:44 PM
Cherokee

Starlord,

May I ask what the "astro photo newsgroup" is?

peace,
Cherokee

Old August 4th 05, 06:48 PM
Chris L Peterson

On 4 Aug 2005 10:44:09 -0700, "Cherokee"
wrote:

May I ask what the "astro photo newsgroup" is?

That would be alt.binaries.pictures.astro.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old August 4th 05, 07:32 PM
Cherokee

Chris,

Thanks. It appears google doesn't carry that newsgroup.

peace,
Cherokee

Old August 4th 05, 07:34 PM
md

"Cherokee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Chris,

Thanks. It appears google doesn't carry that newsgroup.

I believe google does not carry newsgroups with binaries. Try www.mysky.org , which tries to
show the images posted in abp.astro (it seems to miss a few now and then though)
--
md
10" LX200GPS-SMT

Old August 4th 05, 09:27 PM
rama lama dingdong

"Starlord" wrote in message
I'll be posting two photos up on the astro photo newsgroup, one will be of
the corner I set up on in daylight showing the scope, the 2nd will be the
same corner taken after dark.

You must me laaoooney to do what ya do and where you do it.

Old August 4th 05, 09:39 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:27:27 GMT, "rama lama dingdong"
wrote:

You must me laaoooney to do what ya do and where you do it.

Well, that can probably be said for most amateur astronomers g.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old August 4th 05, 09:44 PM
Duke

"rama lama dingdong" wrote in message

"Starlord" wrote in message
I'll be posting two photos up on the astro photo newsgroup, one will be

of
the corner I set up on in daylight showing the scope, the 2nd will be

the
same corner taken after dark.

You must me laaoooney to do what ya do and where you do it.

I will second that! I am assuming that when you say "after dark" you
mean after they turn off all the lights! It looks like probably the best
lit
corner in all of Rosamond! Anyone coming from the gas station would
have to wait at least half an hour for their eyes to dark adjust. WOW!

Old August 4th 05, 10:11 PM
Starlord

No, your seeing it just as it is when I'm set up and offering views to
paople passing by. The gas station has just as much light, but it's facing
downward for the most part.