31 mid-priced eyepieces in Sky & Telescope magazine

Old August 1st 05, 06:28 PM
Zarkovic

Default 31 mid-priced eyepieces in Sky & Telescope magazine

Hi there!
Just wondering whether someone has a link to the following article or if
someone can send me a file containing this article. I googled it but nothing
came up. I am a member of Scientific American and Discover magazines, so if
you need any articles from there I can pull some off. However, I am not a
member of sky and telescope mag yet, so I am just wondering whether someone
can pull that article for me. Thank you. Also if anyone knows of similar
articles found elsewhere, doing the comparisons of eyepieces, barlows,
filters, anything, please let me know. Thank you again.

Old August 1st 05, 09:52 PM
Duke

Hi Zarkovic, You mention a "following article" but no article name
"follows"!
In order to get articles from Sky & Telescope one must subscribe to the
archive of articles.
There is a wealth of information on any subject on the internet.
You should learn how to Google to better advantage.
Have you gone to www.cloudynights.com ? There are many articles there
comparing all types of eyepieces. Also check out the websites of the major
eyepiece manufacturere or resellers. www.astronomics.com and
www.optcorp.com among many others have a lot of tutorials you can read.
Since you don't seem to know what article you are interested in, I think you
are just trolling! It is time to expend a little effort and do your own
research!
Good luck

Old August 1st 05, 10:55 PM
William Foley

Check out
http://www.brayebrookobservatory.org...LICATIONS.html
and scroll down to the "Evolution of Eyepieces" link. It is a PDF, you will
need Acrobat to read it.

Old August 2nd 05, 12:03 AM
Zarkovic

Hi Duke
I am sorry, I do not know the name of the article itself, but I have came
across this googled page that says the following:

Celestron 30mm Ultima

" This is part of the series of Celestron Ultima eyepieces that were
top-rated in a test report of 31 mid-priced eyepieces in Sky & Telescope
magazine. The tested eyepieces had focal lengths of 7.5mm, 12.5mm, and 24mm.
Had this 30mm Ultima been one of the eyepieces tested, we are confident it
would have been top-rated as well. "

It's from the following website:
http://www.astronomics.com/main/Cele...roduct_id/CU30

This is where I sort of assumed that the article is just called something
across the lines of " (best) 31 mid-prices eyepieces or "(comparison) of 31
mid-priced eyepieces, I really don't know myself. Thank you for pointing
that out.

Old August 7th 05, 08:01 PM
Larry Stedman

Perhaps you are searching for the April 1996 Sky & Telescope review of
eyepieces that including measuring light throughput, field of view, and
eye relief---- and judging scatter, edge quality, on-axis sharpness,
etc. "S&T Test Report Your Basic Eyepiece Set" It focused mostly on
Plossls.

Quite well done and available from many public libraries or university
libraries. Your local library can inter-library loan it if it doesn't
carry it.

Larry Stedman
Vestal