what's happend to Rod Mollise??

Old February 1st 05, 12:37 AM
John Lepps

Default what's happend to Rod Mollise??

I can only "see" him when others quote his posts, but no direct posts from
Rod. Any ideas? I definitely don't have my kill filter on him! BTW, he
still is posting here on usenet isn't he? I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
John Lepps

Old February 1st 05, 12:48 AM
Jan Owen

"John Lepps" wrote in message
k.net...
I can only "see" him when others quote his posts, but no direct posts

from
Rod. Any ideas? I definitely don't have my kill filter on him! BTW,

he
still is posting here on usenet isn't he? I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
John Lepps

Your problem may be a little closer to home than you think...

I'm seeing his posts just fine...

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.662
Longitude: -112.3272

Old February 1st 05, 02:05 PM
RMOLLISE

John Lepps wrote:
I can only "see" him when others quote his posts, but no direct posts

from
Rod. Any ideas? I definitely don't have my kill filter on him!

BTW, he
still is posting here on usenet isn't he? I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
John Lepps

Hi:

If you can't see my posts, you won't see this...I guess...but maybe
someone will copy it to you. The problem MAY be, that I have recently
had to begin posting using Google Groups (i.e. Deja) rather than AOL.
AOL is phasing out their Usenet service, and their database is hosed.
So, until I can organize myself to get another ISP...

Don't know why this would affect you reading my posts, but that's the
only thing that has changed 'round here...

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Old February 1st 05, 03:03 PM
SabiaJohn

I have not tried to post via Google Groups to date. This is via AOL. Like Rod
I too am looking into droppong AOL.. It's not a easy process. Like Rod this
will effect other people in my household beside me.
It may be a long time before I can drop AOL. Still I am shopping around and
preparing the best I can for the move.

John D. Sabia

Old February 1st 05, 03:21 PM
shneor

It does not cost anything and is very easy to read and post via Google
(formerly Dejanews).

Clear skies,
Shneor Sherman

Old February 1st 05, 05:54 PM
John Lepps

Rod:

I can finally see you! I did find the culprit last night: my son had
accidentally added a bunch of people under the kill filter. The only reason
I noticed that you had disappeared was because the others also filtered
hadn't posted for a while. Whew! I thought I was loosing it at first.
Looks like I am going to pw protect this machine for now one as my son knows
he has his own computer to play with and not mine!!

John

"RMOLLISE" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old February 1st 05, 07:46 PM
Davoud

John Lepps:
I can finally see you! I did find the culprit last night: my son had
accidentally added a bunch of people under the kill filter. The only reason
I noticed that you had disappeared was because the others also filtered
hadn't posted for a while. Whew! I thought I was loosing [sic] it at first.
Looks like I am going to pw protect this machine for now one as my son knows
he has his own computer to play with and not mine!!

Aren't you going to tell us what your son has against Rod Mollise?

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old February 1st 05, 09:22 PM
John Lepps

"Davoud" wrote in message
John Lepps:
I can finally see you! I did find the culprit last night: my son had
accidentally added a bunch of people under the kill filter. The only

reason
I noticed that you had disappeared was because the others also filtered
hadn't posted for a while. Whew! I thought I was loosing [sic] it at

first.
Looks like I am going to pw protect this machine for now one as my son

knows
he has his own computer to play with and not mine!!

Aren't you going to tell us what your son has against Rod Mollise?

Davoud

Nothing that I know of. My son likes to play tricks on his dad every now
and then and then snickers when I start having problems. I'm not the
computer whiz he is, but I do know enough to pw protect the areas I no
longer want him to access (will he break the pw though is something I have
to keep in mind). Kids!

John

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Old February 1st 05, 09:28 PM
Axel

It does not cost anything and is very easy to read and post
via Google (formerly Dejanews).

I don't see traditional pay newsreaders surviving for much longer
competing against Google. Besides the free service and the ability to
post from anywhere, bigger advantages IMO are the extensive Usenet
archive search capabilities and of course the overall speed of viewing
the threads, much quicker than any newsreader I've ever seen. I would
happily pay perhaps $5/mo. to use Google Groups over a traditional
newsreader.

Disadvantages? Well the main one I guess is the lack of a killfile.
This is a personal taste issue, but it doesn't bother me too much as
the troll threads are usually easy to spot. Google Groups doesn't
download the contents of a thread to the computer until I click on the
thread title. From what I've seen in the past, a traditional
newsreader sits there consuming tremendous bandwidth by downloading all
new messages or at least the headers in all registered newsgroups to
one's computer, with troll posts then clearly wasting a lot of
bandwidth and making a killfile much more useful.

Cheers,
Ritesh