red shift 3 - software question

Old April 30th 04, 12:15 PM
Lucy

Default red shift 3 - software question

hi!

I just bought "Red Shift 3" from Harvey Norman (a department store) and
while it seems... very glitzy, I was wondering if anyone knew how to extract
raw info from it.

I was hoping I could say,
"give me a report or list of all the stars within 200 light years of
Earth/Sol"
but I can't figure it out. I'm not sure it can do it.

Is anyone familar with this program?

Thanks!

lucy at dhimaging dot com dot au

Old May 3rd 04, 01:43 AM
JOHN PAZMINO

Default red shift 3 - software qu

L From: "Lucy"
L Subject: red shift 3 - software question
L Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:15:00 +1000
L Organization: Customer of Connect.com.au Pty. Ltd.
L I just bought "Red Shift 3" from Harvey Norman (a department store) and
L while it seems... very glitzy, I was wondering if anyone knew how to extract
L raw info from it.
L I was hoping I could say,
L "give me a report or list of all the stars within 200 light years of
L Earth/Sol"
L but I can't figure it out. I'm not sure it can do it.
L Is anyone familar with this program?
L Thanks!
L lucy at dhimaging dot com dot au

Probably not from within the program (I have RS4). The datafiles,
however, could be copied off into a database form and then you do the
reports and extractions from a regular database program.
I really don't know how completw or deep RS's data are, being that
I almost never use it for inof. I use it for the simulation features.

---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P005004