meade dsi exposure

Old December 12th 07, 06:46 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
adriang

Default meade dsi exposure

all of my shots of planets seem to be way overexposed. auto exp and
gain/offset changes dont seem to help bring it in. any hints?
Old December 12th 07, 10:53 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Richard Crisp[_1_]

it may be that your exposures are OK but the autolevel setting for display
is the problem. Check to see if the data is saturated

be sure you aren't saturated.

planets are pretty bright and can saturate your detector fast

back off on the exposure time if you can and are saturated

try a minimum exposure and see what the ADU level difference is between the
brightest and dimmest parts of the image

Old December 20th 07, 09:59 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Oldish Git

Camera make/model? Auto-exposure is the first thing to turn off,
usually. If using a webcam (highly recommended):
http://www.burri-web.org/bm98/soft/wcctrl/

Good luck,
--
Rob

Old December 20th 07, 10:07 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Oldish Git

Sorry - saw you are using (a modified) one (Meade DSI).
R.

"adriang" wrote in message
all of my shots of planets seem to be way overexposed. auto exp and
gain/offset changes dont seem to help bring it in. any hints?

meade dsi exposure adriang Amateur Astronomy 2 December 13th 07 12:37 AM
film and CCD exposure MrNightguy Amateur Astronomy 1 January 6th 05 05:17 PM
exposure moT Amateur Astronomy 8 November 2nd 04 10:09 PM
Long exposure vs. multiple exposure Steve Maddison Amateur Astronomy 1 August 19th 04 02:13 AM
Exposure stacking Dave Nay CCD Imaging 1 September 3rd 03 08:56 PM