ISS and Endeavour

Old August 9th 07, 12:59 PM posted to sci.space.station
MetroHenrik

Default ISS and Endeavour

From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this night.
(9.58 PM local time)
How far behind are Endeavour, and should it be possible to see it.

Henrik

Old August 9th 07, 04:13 PM posted to sci.space.station
John Szalay

"MetroHenrik" wrote in
:

From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this
night. (9.58 PM local time)
How far behind are Endeavour, and should it be possible to see it.

Henrik

AS of right now, 11:09 EDT I show about 3 minutes and 20 seconds
difference.

1060 Stat. miles apart with a closing speed of 110 MPH.
Old August 9th 07, 09:59 PM posted to sci.space.station
John Szalay

"MetroHenrik" wrote in
:

From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this
night. (9.58 PM local time)
How far behind are Endeavour, and should it be possible to see it.

Henrik

As of 4:45EDT shows as 478 miles apart with a closing speed of 17.38 MPH

STS less than 2 minutes behind ISS.

with clear skies should be visible with a clear horizon.
Old August 9th 07, 10:13 PM posted to sci.space.station
John Szalay

"MetroHenrik" wrote in
:

From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this
night. (9.58 PM local time)
How far behind are Endeavour, and should it be possible to see it.

Henrik

Just ran a plot, and Unless I am mistaken, they should be visable
at 21:34 UTC over Denmark or just 20 minutes from now..

Old August 9th 07, 10:45 PM posted to sci.space.station
Dr J R Stockton[_1_]

In sci.space.station message
, Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:59:21, MetroHenrik

posted:
From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this night.
(9.58 PM local time)
How far behind are Endeavour, and should it be possible to see it.

See www.heavens-above.com, currently giving 22:34 for ISS and 22:37 for
Endeavour from near London. I know Danish clocks are an hour ahead of
ours; but 24 minutes from here to there seems rather long.

I guess STS predictions should be checked shortly beforehand; NASA
predict a docking soon, but H-A has STS about 10 minutes ahead on the
12th. STS probably extends current/recent orbital elements for longer
than NASA want them to be valid.

One sees from H-A that STS was lower tonight, as it entered darkness
higher above my horizon than ISS does during that pass.

Both were bright, ISS more so, when high; but the low sky was not clear
here.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old August 10th 07, 06:10 AM posted to sci.space.station
MetroHenrik

"John Szalay" skrev i en meddelelse
42...
"MetroHenrik" wrote in
:

From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this
night. (9.58 PM local time)
How far behind are Endeavour, and should it be possible to see it.

Henrik

Just ran a plot, and Unless I am mistaken, they should be visable
at 21:34 UTC over Denmark or just 20 minutes from now..

Thx a lot, but due to danish weathertradition :-( it clouded up just half an
hour befor visibility.
It would have been a sight, but no. Rain showers in the horizon.

Henrik

Old August 10th 07, 09:49 AM posted to sci.space.station
Andy G

This is how it looked from the UK as they went overhead
http://www.collectspace.co.uk/iss%20pass.htm

cheers

Andy
--
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.
Fellow Royal Astronomical Society

"Dr J R Stockton" wrote in message
nvalid...
In sci.space.station message
, Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:59:21, MetroHenrik

posted:
From my location i Denmark, i should be possilbe to se the ISS this night.
[...]

Astro stuff via astron-1.htm, gravity0.htm ; quotings.htm, pascal.htm,
etc.
No Encoding. Quotes before replies. Snip well. Write clearly. Don't Mail
News.

Old August 10th 07, 11:15 PM posted to sci.space.station
snidely

On Aug 10, 7:06 am, "Andy G" wrote:
NEW UPDATES

http://www.collectspace.co.uk/iss%20pass.htm

Thanks to you and yoru friend Dave!

/dps

Old August 15th 07, 04:51 PM posted to sci.space.station
Andy G

Your Welcome

Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.

Web Sites: