New product Cooling for DSI

Old October 1st 05, 02:05 PM
Phil Smith

Default New product Cooling for DSI

New product here in Australia for sale at Bintel, a cooling system for the
DSI and DSI PRO as easy as 123 to install. www.bintel.com.au click on new
products, or here the direct link without frames
http://www.bintel.com.au/Outback.html

Its called the Outback and I have installed one on my DSI PRO.
Early stages in using it so far but so far it works really well so far,
certainly has reduced noise. I have achieved -12 C below ament temperature
with it (temp measured with a temp sensor placed by the CDD chip so allow at
a guess 1-2 C error in either direction, ambient temperature at time of the
measurements was made was 15 C

Old October 1st 05, 03:10 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:05:32 GMT, "Phil Smith" wrote:

Its called the Outback and I have installed one on my DSI PRO.
Early stages in using it so far but so far it works really well so far,
certainly has reduced noise. I have achieved -12 C below ament temperature
with it (temp measured with a temp sensor placed by the CDD chip so allow at
a guess 1-2 C error in either direction, ambient temperature at time of the
measurements was made was 15 C

CCD cameras designed to be actively cooled have their sensors sealed in
dry chambers, and have the cold side of their coolers isolated from
other camera structures. It will be interesting to see how effective
this device (and similar ones) will be for the many people who image in
locations where the dew point is frequently very close to the ambient
temperature.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old October 1st 05, 03:38 PM
Phil Smith

Yes something I am very aware off, and waiting to see if it becomes a
problem now the outback is installed

Old October 2nd 05, 07:26 AM
David Nakamoto

[...]

Interesting may not be the word. If moisture condenses on the CCD and then
dries there, it might leave deposits, and mar the view. I wouldn't take a
chance.

Sincerely,
--- Dave
Pinprick holes in a colorless sky