Macholz on film

Old January 16th 05, 06:22 AM
MrNightguy

Default Macholz on film

I posted my attempt with film. I did this in -13C temps. It indicates
the gap that exists between digital SLR and film SLR images. I wish
I could have had more exact polar aligning but I am happy with my first
attempt
at this.

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Old January 16th 05, 09:31 PM
tony hoffman

Nice picture. Would you clarify how you feel it "indicates a gap" between
DSLR and SLR images?

Old January 16th 05, 10:49 PM
MrNightguy

"tony hoffman" wrote in message
ink.net...
Nice picture. Would you clarify how you feel it "indicates a gap" between
DSLR and SLR images?

Thanks.

Basically, DSLR shots are a lot better. ISO 800 on film is not the same
as ISO 800 on a DSLR. Film is significantly less sensitive than CMOS or CCD
imaging.
I probably should have used 1600 speed film to compensate for the polar
aligning
problem of the CG5 mount too. 3 minutes is the maximum I can squeeze out of
it it seems.
It will be some time before I can afford the likes of a
Canon digital Rebel.

Old January 17th 05, 07:35 AM
tony hoffman

Thanks--
I havee a Digital Rebel, and I'm just beginning to explore its potential for
astrophotography.
Tony