Atoms are 99.999999...% empty space!

Old October 11th 17, 10:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default Atoms are 99.999999...% empty space!

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!
Old October 12th 17, 07:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:35:03 -0700 (PDT), StarDust
wrote:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

If we were, we would, like the photons, have no mass and then we'd
have to move at light speed all the time to avoid vanishing. But
those 0,0000000000001 % of us not being empty space contains all of
our mass and enable us to calm down so we don't have to run like
light...
Old October 12th 17, 07:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

wrote:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

If we were, we would, like the photons, have no mass and then we'd
have to move at light speed all the time to avoid vanishing.

But those 0,0000000000001 % of us not being empty space contains all
of our mass and enable us to calm down so we don't have to run like
light...

That's easy for you to say!

The Flash. ;-)
Old October 12th 17, 07:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 11:04:13 PM UTC-7, Paul Schlyter wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:35:03 -0700 (PDT), StarDust

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

If we were, we would, like the photons, have no mass and then we'd
have to move at light speed all the time to avoid vanishing. But
those 0,0000000000001 % of us not being empty space contains all of
our mass and enable us to calm down so we don't have to run like
light...

Empty space and mass 2 different things! Atoms have mass, proton/neutron, atomic weight, but their size is soooo small compare to the size of atom, that atom is empty space.
Some one compared atoms are like soap bubbles stick to gather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLlgIaz1L0
Old October 12th 17, 07:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 11:19:38 PM UTC-7, Chris.B wrote:
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 08:04:13 UTC+2, Paul Schlyter wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:35:03 -0700 (PDT), StarDust

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

If we were, we would, like the photons, have no mass and then we'd
have to move at light speed all the time to avoid vanishing.

But those 0,0000000000001 % of us not being empty space contains all
of our mass and enable us to calm down so we don't have to run like
light...

That's easy for you to say!

The Flash. ;-)

Superman is empty space, that's why he's every where in a flash!
Old October 12th 17, 01:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anonymous[_15_]

In article
StarDust wrote:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

Okay, so eat me!

Old October 12th 17, 02:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Gill

On 10/11/2017 4:35 PM, StarDust wrote:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!
We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

That's if you assume that electrons and nuclei are solid objects.
In reality they are ripples in fields which completely fill the space
they occupy (and quite a bit of the space around the atoms).

Bill

Old October 12th 17, 04:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

On 12/10/2017 14:23, Bill Gill wrote:
On 10/11/2017 4:35 PM, StarDust wrote:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....astro.amateur

In reality, we are empty space, pure energy!

Mostly empty space, but the bits which are not do matter.
(pun intended)

We have to eat each other to keep this energy going!

That's if you assume that electrons and nuclei are solid objects.

The nuclei are to a very good approximation tiny and solid hence the big
surprise of Rutherford scattering discovered by Geiger and Marsden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest...oil_experiment

In reality they are ripples in fields which completely fill the space
they occupy (and quite a bit of the space around the atoms).

Bill

It isn't helpful to claim that particles are really ripples in fields or
vice versa. Depending on how you look at them they can have both
characteristics and the harder you try to look the worse it gets.

That is the awkward uncertainty problem of quantum mechanics.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old October 12th 17, 06:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Bill Gill:
That's if you assume that electrons and nuclei are solid objects.
In reality they are ripples in fields which completely fill the space
they occupy (and quite a bit of the space around the atoms).

³I want to emphasize that light comes in this form‹particles. It is
very important to know that light behaves like particles, especially
for those of you have gone to school, where you probably learned
something about light behaving like waves. IŒm telling you the way it
*does* behave‹like particles.² ‹Richard Feynman in "QED: The Strange
Theory of Light and Matter." (Emphasis his.)

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old October 13th 17, 05:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 23:19:39 -0700 (PDT), StarDust
wrote:
Empty space and mass 2 different things! Atoms have mass,

proton/neutron, atomic weight, but their size is soooo small compare
to the size of atom, that atom is empty space.
Some one compared atoms are like soap bubbles stick to gather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLlgIaz1L0

Atoms are mostly, but not completely, empty space. The nucleus of an
atom, compared to its shell of electrons, is like a fly flying in the
middle of a cathedral. But the matter in the nucleus is super dense,
like a neutron star - you cannot ignore that!