June 30th is Asteroid Day!

Old February 19th 17, 07:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default June 30th is Asteroid Day!

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:14:13 -0500, Davoud wrote:

But when they had the chance
to repeal it for real, after Trump's inauguration, the posturing
stopped and they faced reality: it's a good law and a very popular one.

Well, I don't think it's a very good law, and as it stands, it's
probably not all that popular. But the concept of a government system
that ensures everyone has access to health care is very popular, and
the ACA is good from the standpoint of being a first baby step towards
a proper national healthcare system.
Old February 19th 17, 10:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Davoud:
But when they had the chance
to repeal it for real, after Trump's inauguration, the posturing
stopped and they faced reality: it's a good law and a very popular one.

Chris L Peterson:
Well, I don't think it's a very good law, and as it stands, it's
probably not all that popular. But the concept of a government system
that ensures everyone has access to health care is very popular, and
the ACA is good from the standpoint of being a first baby step towards
a proper national healthcare system.

Compared to no insurance at all? You missed the part where I said "Rome
wasn't built with a single stone."

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old February 19th 17, 10:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:38:32 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Davoud:
But when they had the chance
to repeal it for real, after Trump's inauguration, the posturing
stopped and they faced reality: it's a good law and a very popular one.

Chris L Peterson:
Well, I don't think it's a very good law, and as it stands, it's
probably not all that popular. But the concept of a government system
that ensures everyone has access to health care is very popular, and
the ACA is good from the standpoint of being a first baby step towards
a proper national healthcare system.

Compared to no insurance at all? You missed the part where I said "Rome
wasn't built with a single stone."

No, I didn't miss your point. And the ACA is certainly better than
nothing. But a system so dependent on private health insurance is,
IMO, not every going to work very well.
Old February 20th 17, 03:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

[...]

True enough. There are certain things that the private sector cannot do
as well as government, and health insurance is demonstrably one of
them. But I don't think that the ACA was implemented as a finished
product; it was the best that could be gotten at the time. The first
stone in the building of a universal, single-payer, government-managed
health care system.

Old February 20th 17, 06:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:42:02 -0500, Davoud wrote:

There are certain things that the private sector cannot do
as well as government, and health insurance is demonstrably one of
them. But I don't think that the ACA was implemented as a finished
product; it was the best that could be gotten at the time. The first
stone in the building of a universal, single-payer, government-managed
health care system.

Yes, that's my view, as well.