An Alternative View of Global Warming

Old February 13th 17, 01:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default An Alternative View of Global Warming

The Georgia Straight is a newspaper that is basically considered to have
represented the hippie population of Vancouver.

So I won't claim it is the most credible source.

http://www.straight.com/news/868051/...in-10-20-years

However, given that so much that errs in the opposite direction, advocating
climate denial, sees print, to see something that points out even the mainstream
could be too conservative is of interest.

If an increase in temperature by four degrees would mean that plants produce more
carbon dioxide than they take in, of course, even if human extinction will take
longer than ten years... we *would* be definitely on the way to ending up like
Venus. Except the plants would all burn up before we got there.

John Savard
Old February 13th 17, 01:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 16:05:21 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

The Georgia Straight is a newspaper that is basically considered to have
represented the hippie population of Vancouver.

So I won't claim it is the most credible source.

http://www.straight.com/news/868051/...in-10-20-years

However, given that so much that errs in the opposite direction, advocating
climate denial, sees print, to see something that points out even the mainstream
could be too conservative is of interest.

If an increase in temperature by four degrees would mean that plants produce more
carbon dioxide than they take in, of course, even if human extinction will take
longer than ten years... we *would* be definitely on the way to ending up like
Venus. Except the plants would all burn up before we got there.

Abrupt climate change is a real possibility, and there is geologic
evidence of it having occurred before. But at no time over the last
billion years or so has the Earth found itself in a climatic state
that humans couldn't survive. So I have my doubts that extinction is
likely to be in the cards. Mass disruption and the collapse of our
societies is a much more likely scenario given a few degrees
temperature rise in a century or less. (Whether that's better than
extinction is a matter of opinion, of course.)
Old February 13th 17, 09:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Monday, 13 February 2017 01:12:45 UTC+1, Chris L Peterson wrote:

Abrupt climate change is a real possibility, and there is geologic
evidence of it having occurred before. But at no time over the last
billion years or so has the Earth found itself in a climatic state
that humans couldn't survive. So I have my doubts that extinction is
likely to be in the cards. Mass disruption and the collapse of our
societies is a much more likely scenario given a few degrees
temperature rise in a century or less. (Whether that's better than
extinction is a matter of opinion, of course.)

I believe the world is in for very serious political turmoil long before the climate becomes too difficult to continue with daily norms unchanged.

Inequality, corruption, AI, universal robotics, global mass migration, exporting jobs to slave economies, tax-free/offshore/obscene wealth. In many stable countries there is a lurch to the extreme right in politics amongst an electorate desperate for a change. Anything but the same, smug, talking heads.

When N.Korea collapses then so will China. Putin is a joker with the blind backing of his people and not unlike Hitler in many respects. Europe is in political and social dissolution as the smug, arrogant talking heads encourage immigrant, non-contributory welfare. Completely against the wishes of the majority of heavily burdened tax payers.

City property prices are rising faster than a North Korean missile. Always without any tax burden on the free and horribly unfair inflation on property values. Much of the ridiculously overpriced city property is owned by organized crime or foreign/offshore funds. Vital workers like doctors and nurses can no longer afford to live in many cities. While much valuable property lies empty year round.

Global society is becoming ever more lazy, indolent, unhealthy and obese. Illegal drugs and prescription "jollies" are enjoying a global pandemic. The war against drugs has long been lost and their sale cripples many cities and societies.

Lunatic terrorists still see attacking the innocent public as a weapon for change. Nobody in power has the slightest idea how to curb their murderous behaviour for petty wealth.

Traffic pollution and jams are worsening in many previously impoverished societies. As car ownership becomes a national aspiration there is no existing infrastructure and no answer to the killing smogs.

Now add an overlay of more extreme weather to an already irritated global society. One with a total vacuum in benign and wise leadership. No day passes when some top political figure isn't accused of corruption. China and India are both so thoroughly corrupt that they give South American corruption a bad name.

Old February 13th 17, 06:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

It seriously strains my credulity to consider the notion that the collapse of the DPRK would directly bring about the collapse of the PRC. Sure, they might be so foolish as to start a war with the U.S. because they'd rather not have the ROK as a neighbor, but that's hardly a given.
Old February 14th 17, 05:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 7:05:25 PM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
The Georgia Straight is a newspaper that is basically considered to have
represented the hippie population of Vancouver.

So I won't claim it is the most credible source.

http://www.straight.com/news/868051/...in-10-20-years

However, given that so much that errs in the opposite direction, advocating
climate denial, sees print, to see something that points out even the mainstream
could be too conservative is of interest.

If an increase in temperature by four degrees would mean that plants produce more
carbon dioxide than they take in, of course, even if human extinction will take
longer than ten years... we *would* be definitely on the way to ending up like
Venus. Except the plants would all burn up before we got there.

John Savard

50 years of various kook predictio on climate, food supplies, natural resources and population. ALL WRONG. The Democrats should stop letting insane, violent progressives infiltrate their party before they completely alienate the American people and give birth to a third national party.
Old February 14th 17, 07:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:46:26 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

[...]

Increasingly proving accurate. Your alt facts need updating.
Old February 14th 17, 07:56 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Monday, 13 February 2017 18:00:10 UTC+1, Quadibloc wrote:
It seriously strains my credulity to consider the notion that the collapse of the DPRK would directly bring about the collapse of the PRC. Sure, they might be so foolish as to start a war with the U.S. because they'd rather not have the ROK as a neighbor, but that's hardly a given.

Having a billion brainwashed [zombie] NK citizens crossing the border into China desperately looking for food could easily destabilize China. Is there any other explanation why the PRCorruption allows the obscenity which is North Korea to continue? Unless, of course, the billionaire heads of the Chinese Communist mafia are making further millions in kickbacks from the Kims.. Though surely that would be chickenfeed compared with their own stupendous wealth.

Otherwise it is difficult to believe that millions of people should be allowed to die of starvation and hideous mistreatment solely for the benefit of a single die-nasty. Or could it be that NK is allowed to continue merely because it keeps Western arms sales buoyant? Why isn't the world's boy scout leader doing anything about NK? Because it is too damned profitable not to? Not to mention all those extra votes that more "reds under the bed" paranoia guarantees. Particularly amongst Trump's white trailer trash hordes. Those who form the unstable foundation of America's tottering skyscraper Elysium.

Old February 14th 17, 12:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 11:56:28 PM UTC-7, Chris.B wrote:

Having a billion brainwashed [zombie] NK citizens crossing the border into
China desperately looking for food could easily destabilize China.

A billion Chinese could cross the border into North Korea, but they don't have
that many North Koreans.

Still, a partial collapse, such that they can't yet receive aid from South Korea
could lead to massive numbers of people doing that. China, however, could simply
deport them to South Korea, and accept help from the U.S. in dealing with the
refugee problem; it doesn't have to let itself be destabilized.

John Savard
Old February 15th 17, 08:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 12:29:08 UTC+1, Quadibloc wrote:
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 11:56:28 PM UTC-7, Chris.B wrote:

Having a billion brainwashed [zombie] NK citizens crossing the border into
China desperately looking for food could easily destabilize China.

A billion Chinese could cross the border into North Korea, but they don't have
that many North Koreans.

Still, a partial collapse, such that they can't yet receive aid from South Korea
could lead to massive numbers of people doing that. China, however, could simply
deport them to South Korea, and accept help from the U.S. in dealing with the
refugee problem; it doesn't have to let itself be destabilized.

John Savard

The collapse of North Korea would send a strong message to the Chinese people that even the most vicious, closed and corrupt, one party system is not invulnerable.

It seems the true heir to North Korea's evil megalomania has just been "cleansed."
Kim Jong-un must have been gutted that his half brother got all the good looks!
Now he can relax and go back to playing with his infantile toys.
Old February 15th 17, 03:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 23:36:15 -0800 (PST), "Chris.B"
wrote:

The collapse of North Korea would send a strong message to the Chinese people that even the most vicious, closed and corrupt, one party system is not invulnerable.

Why would such a message be useful? China is not remotely described as
viscous, closed, or corrupt, and one-party systems arguably work
better in some countries than two-party systems in others.

The Chinese population is happy, the country is successful and
prosperous. It's people are some of the most free in the world. It has
found a workable system for itself.