A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old May 13th 17, 09:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

A winter-like 49F here in Gresham as of 1:15 PM PDT. Light intermittent rain.

A lot of people are in town for the Farmers' Market and the Annual Plant Sale. Not many vegetables yet this early. Mostly only asparagus.

Attended may 50th Class Reunion committee meeting Thursday. Janet picked me up wearing a very colorful and stylish outfit. They decided for sure to have the reunion at the Riverside Inn by the side of the Sandy River.

Had lunch with Kim yesterday. She didn't get all her stuff out of her hotel room in time, and they stole everything from her! When a person steals from a business, the police are there to put you in jail! But when a business steals from you, the police don't care. It's not their job!

Double-A

Old May 13th 17, 10:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

This library has hit a new low! A black African youth ceremony has filled the library with loud jungle drums! Now they have turned out the lights and are showing a movie! And there is singing!

What a library!

Double-A

Old May 14th 17, 08:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Only 52F as of 12:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. It is already the middle of May, but except for a couple of hot days earlier in the month, it is feeling more like March weather! Continuing to rain all the time!

Double-A

Old May 15th 17, 08:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

58F and calm. Rain coming again tonight.

Double-A

Old May 15th 17, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016
external usenet poster

"Double-A" wrote in message

58F and calm. Rain coming again tonight.

Double-A

86 here in The Lou. Light winds. Strong thunderstorms expected on Friday.

Notroll

Old May 15th 17, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 12:28:41 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Only 52F as of 12:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. It is already the middle of May, but except for a couple of hot days earlier in the month, it is feeling more like March weather! Continuing to rain all the time!

Double-A

Cool 71 and sunny.I wear a light jacket.No wind.No sailing.Still use my walker but pain is less. Van making more and more friends as breakfast tale gate get larger.Its right at McDonalds,and that makes for good coffee and flappers and bacon for fast breakfast.No mess. Nothing but good thinking about the world.Its also interesting stuff Trebert
Old May 16th 17, 08:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 3:30:51 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 12:28:41 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Double-A

Cool 71 and sunny.I wear a light jacket.No wind.No sailing.Still use my walker but pain is less. Van making more and more friends as breakfast tale gate get larger.Its right at McDonalds,and that makes for good coffee and flappers and bacon for fast breakfast.No mess. Nothing but good thinking about the world.Its also interesting stuff Trebert

Competing against McDonalds in their own lot? I don't know about that.

Weather here still feels more like winter. Up to a foot of snow forecast in the hills above 3,500 feet! I'm sure nearby Larch Mountain will look white. Rain here and cold west wind at 11 mph. 52F currently here in Gresham as of 12:15 PM PDT. Next week high 80's is forecast. The traditional going from always feeling too cold, to always feeling too hot!

Double-A

Old May 16th 17, 08:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

Cool again,and partly cloudy.Light breeze.Very cool sleeping.I'm drinking hot soup in the middle of May. Still using walker,and staying close to Anaheim Plaza.It has everything .Just opened a store called "Five Below" it is a higher price Dollar Store. Will check it out latter today. It could give Walmart some competition. TreBert
Old May 18th 17, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:44:09 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Cool again,and partly cloudy.Light breeze.Very cool sleeping.I'm drinking hot soup in the middle of May. Still using walker,and staying close to Anaheim Plaza.It has everything .Just opened a store called "Five Below" it is a higher price Dollar Store. Will check it out latter today. It could give Walmart some competition. TreBert

Over a foot of new snow at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood this morning! Should make for great spring skying through June! Here in Gresham it is currently 63F, scatted clouds, no chance of rain, wind out of the northwest at 4 mph. But we are starting on a warming trend that should lead to some 90F days later next week!

Kim is talking about coming to my apartment to cook for me!

Double-A

Old May 18th 17, 09:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Temperature has been flatlining here in Gresham. Currently 58F as of 1:00 PM PDT. Lifht rain this AM. But expecting a little warmer the next couple days.

Got the number of the guy Kim knows running fast food in Hawaii. When she brought me food yesterday, I gave her that information. This could be the start of our fast food empire here in Oregon!

Double-A

I predicted a snowy Winter up you way.You get a lot of wind coming up the coast.We got lots of rain this Winter.6 inches here is a lot.Go figure. Warmer and sunny as I type.T shirt weather till Nov. Van will have 80,000 miles by July.Running great,ad looking good.Its a classic,and gets a lot of attention. Have a lawyer for my falling case.I think my age will make the settlement small.Let you know. Treber