SS2K control problem

Old January 16th 05, 01:33 AM
Szaki

Default SS2K control problem

When I press any of the four directional buttons, object in the scope
zigzags, don't move in straight line. Seems the second drive motor kicks in
also.
What can be the problem? Some thing cross talking on the drives?
JS

Old January 16th 05, 10:30 AM
Norbert

Szaki nous a écrit :

When I press any of the four directional buttons, object in the scope
zigzags, don't move in straight line. Seems the second drive motor
kicks in also.
What can be the problem? Some thing cross talking on the drives?

Check your wires. They seem to be rather fragile and if one of them is
damaged, you can get such effects.

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================

Old January 16th 05, 11:40 AM
Roger Hamlett

"Szaki" wrote in message
When I press any of the four directional buttons, object in the scope
zigzags, don't move in straight line. Seems the second drive motor kicks
in also.
What can be the problem? Some thing cross talking on the drives?
JS

By default, the SS2K, will move in Alt-Az mode. To do this is uses both
motors to move in a straight line across the sky. If it is 'zig-zagging',
it implies that the motors are not tracking properly (perhaps the gears
are sticking, the mount itself is displaying vibration, the drive
profile for the motors is not set to the best value, or you have a
connection problem). The drive parameters, can be changed using the
'motor parameter' setting in the configuration. This may help to make
the drives run as they should. You should really get this 'right' as
the first step, since it is showing a problem that otherwise may come
back to 'haunt' you...
Then you can switch to RA/Dec operation, by selecting the 'mode' key.
Pressing this once, will display 'Alt/Az', and if you press the key again,
while this is displayed, this will change to 'X-Y'. Press it a third time,
and 'Ra/Dec' will be displayed, and the system will then use one motor at
a time when the direction buttons are operated.

Best Wishes

Old January 17th 05, 10:17 PM
Szaki

Thanks all, I didn't press the Mode button for RA/DEC. Forgot about it,
didn't use the SS2K for a year or so.
Julius