David Harland's book on the Gemini program reviewed

Old November 8th 04, 11:13 PM
Jim Oberg

Default David Harland's book on the Gemini program reviewed

David Harland's book on the Gemini program reviewed
http://www.universetoday.com/am/publ...earned_fly.htm

Old November 9th 04, 12:03 AM
Caracatus Potts

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:13:21 GMT, "Jim Oberg"
wrote:

David Harland's book on the Gemini program reviewed
http://www.universetoday.com/am/publ...earned_fly.htm

I get a "Not Found" error when I try to access this link.

Dante
Old November 9th 04, 02:18 AM
Matthew Ota

It is because the "l" in "html" was wordwrapped. Just type the last
letter in and you will get there.

Matthew Ota

Old November 9th 04, 07:52 AM
Pat Flannery

Caracatus Potts wrote:

I get a "Not Found" error when I try to access this link.

The "l" got dropped off of the "html" at the end; try this:
http://www.universetoday.com/am/publ...arned_fly.html

Pat

Old November 9th 04, 12:41 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Pat Flannery wrote:

Caracatus Potts wrote:

I get a "Not Found" error when I try to access this link.

The "l" got dropped off of the "html" at the end; try this:
http://www.universetoday.com/am/publ...arned_fly.html

Pat

It might be worth pointing out (again) that if one encloses a URL in
brackets, such as http://www.cnn.com, most modern newsreaders know
to ignore line breaks when parsing the link to pass to your browser.

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
Old November 9th 04, 01:18 PM
Paul Blay

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote ...
Pat Flannery wrote:

The "l" got dropped off of the "html" at the end; try this:
http://www.universetoday.com/am/publ...arned_fly.html

It might be worth pointing out (again) that if one encloses a URL in
brackets, such as http://www.cnn.com, most modern newsreaders know
to ignore line breaks when parsing the link to pass to your browser.

'most modern newsreaders' probably. Although you're begging the "True
Scotsman" argument.

'most users' probably not, given the market penetration of Outlook Express.
Old November 9th 04, 02:08 PM
Jeff Findley

"Paul Blay" wrote in message
'most users' probably not, given the market penetration of Outlook

Express.

True. Unfortunately, I finally caved in and abandoned purely text based
newsreaders in favor of Outlook Express. It was "getting old" trying to
keep text based newsreaders running right without the support of the
"network admins" here at work.

Outlook Express isn't that bad, it's just not very good. ;-)

Jeff

Old November 9th 04, 03:07 PM
Herb Schaltegger

"Jeff Findley" wrote:

"Paul Blay" wrote in message
'most users' probably not, given the market penetration of Outlook

Express.

True. Unfortunately, I finally caved in and abandoned purely text based
newsreaders in favor of Outlook Express. It was "getting old" trying to
keep text based newsreaders running right without the support of the
"network admins" here at work.

Oh, come on. How hard is Agent or Free Agent to use? I've used Agent
for over five years. And MT-NewsWatcher on my iBook is nearly as
good.

Outlook Express isn't that bad, it's just not very good. ;-)

Amen to that.

Jeff

Old November 9th 04, 03:39 PM
Jeff Findley

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
Oh, come on. How hard is Agent or Free Agent to use? I've used Agent
for over five years. And MT-NewsWatcher on my iBook is nearly as
good.

It's not, but Free Agent lacks some features that I really like to have in a
newsreader (i.e. a killfile hell for those unworthy of my time). That, and
to use Agent here at work, I'd need to have the company purchase a license.
That's not going to happen since we all have Outlook Express installed on
our PC's.

Like I said, it's not really my choice of newsreaders, but it's the official
newsreader here at work.

Jeff

Old November 9th 04, 07:45 PM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

It might be worth pointing out (again) that if one encloses a URL in
brackets, such as http://www.cnn.com, most modern newsreaders know
to ignore line breaks when parsing the link to pass to your browser.

Now that's a handy piece of information; what I do if the URL gets
exceptionally long is use "Make A Shorter Link":
http://makeashorterlink.com/index.php

Pat