Some of the greatest Stolen Discoveries Of Science

Old September 14th 04, 03:33 AM
Imperishable Stars

Default Some of the greatest Stolen Discoveries Of Science

Many other ideas and theories are stolen all the time by the
'scientific' establishment and ofcourse we can't have 'credit' given
where credit is due, because after all most of the people who have their
ideas stolen are shut out and called quacks usually anyways.

--
Greatest Discovery # 1

Around 1910 astronomer Henrietta Leavitt was studying star-field photo
plates. She thought about certain 'blinking' stars - Cepheid variables"
- named after Delta Cephei, the first one found

These particular stars were similar but varied a bit in `absolute
magnitude' - their real brightness, and in their `blink rates'

In 1912 Leavitt published. She said the brightest Cepheids were blinking
slow while the dimmer ones were fast; and this was a regular, graduated
phenomenon

So now the Cepheid's nearness can be calculated because, knowing its
absolute magnitude or real brightness from its blink rate, we'll know
that extra dimness is due to distance

[ Not known then: Cepheid stars - ranging from "dwarf" to "giant" -
happen to be at a size / density limit of stability, where gravity
fights radiation and so varies light output as the star `pulses'. ]

Importance

For the first time it was possible to estimate the distance of faraway
stars. Although establishment science still thought the Universe was the
Milky Way, Henrietta Leavitt had discovered the way to look further.

Was credit given ?

Check your text books - Henrietta Leavitt flunked `establishment' test
for real credit

Greatest Discovery # 2

Mount Wilson Observatory was built above the badlands of Pasadena and
for many years all supplies went up by mule-train. A poor but smart
Pasadena mule-skinner, name of Milton Humason, took a job as janitor at
the Observatory, maybe to feed himself between trips.

Milton was a quick learner and began assisting the high-class Astronomers

The 'top brass' was Harlow Shapley - later Director at Harvard

One day (c.1920) Milton brought to Shapley a photo-plate of the nebula
in Andromeda (M31), which Shapley at that time thought of as a 'cloud of
gas' inside the Milky Way

Humason had put arrows on the back of the plate - pointing to some small
specks which he suggested were variable stars - Cepheids. [ie - that the
'nebula' was beyond the limits of the Milky Way]

Shapley haughtily brushed off Milton's arrows, telling him the idea was
"rubbish"

A year or so later, working for Hubble (guy they named the Space
Telescope for), Humason brought up the matter again

Hubble checked (using Henrietta Leavitt's published key to the Cepheid
variables) and found they were stars, were Cepheids and were at least
900,000 light years away. About 10 × the size of the then-known Milky Way!
[More recently:- M31's "prodigious distance ... 2,000,000 light years" -
Carl Sagan "Cosmos"]

Hubble published news of the breakthrough in 1924

Importance

For the first time we knew galaxies existed outside the Milky Way

The M31 'nebula' was reclassified as a spiral galaxy. The first we knew
of outside our own !

Was credit given ?

Check your text books - Milton Humason flunked `establishment' test for
real credit

Greatest Discovery # 3

Cecilia Payne's thesis of 1925, for the first Astronomy Ph.D ever
awarded by Harvard, was under pressure from `authority; before it was
even submitted.

Payne had completed studies at Cambridge (UK) but as a female was not
allowed a degree, so she went to America.

A brilliant worker and student in Physics and Astronomy she was also
denied a degree in Physics (because she was female) and turned instead
to Astronomy.

However, her boss, Dr. Henry Norris Russell, insisted that her analysis
of the spectrum of the Sun was incorrect. Why? Establishment opinion,
including Norris Russell's, thought that all stars consisted mainly of
Iron!. But Payne's more careful (and courageous) analysis said that
Hydrogen was the major component of the Sun.

Shamefully Dr. Henry Norris Russell insisted that Cecilia write a P.S to
her thesis: that her real results were "clearly untrue."

Even more shamefully, Norris Russell and his male confreres conspired to
impede and block Payne's career when it eventually became clear that she
had been right about the composition of stars. The male establishment
felt justified in sabotaging Cecilia's life because she was a) female;
b) friendly with Jewish and Black students (America's elite, like all
elites, was racist and sexist - then and now) and c) more efficient and
gifted than they themselves were.

Importance

Even our own Sun was a mystery at that time. Cecilia Payne revealed a
basic truth about the processes of the Universe - leading to all
subsequent discoveries of `nuclear' actions.

Was credit given ?

Check your text books - Cecilia Payne flunked `establishment' test for
real credit

Greatest Discovery # 4

EarIy in 1939 Lise Meitner, a Jewish girl from Vienna, published the
first account of nuclear fission.

She was in Sweden, in exile, and had been guiding her fellow student and
dearest friend Otto Hahn, a chemist who'd teamed up with the shy young
Meitner when she was studying under Max Planck in Berlin.

Hahn, Lise's earliest studentship "friend", profited throughout his
career from Lise's generous sharing of her genius.

[From readings it seems the pretty but shy young Lise had fallen in love
with Hahn, a dashing character, and could never bring herself to break
the ties of that sentiment, even after Hahn suddenly married an `Aryan'
German girl and later even helped a nazi, Hess, get Meitner fired from
the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute where they all worked, in line with
Hitler's anti-Jewish policies.]

Forced to leave Germany, Meitner was still guiding Hahn by `remote
control' by letter from Sweden. She'd recommended bombarding uranium
with neutrons, furthering the experiments of Fermi in Rome.

When Hahn and his colleagues were perplexed by unexplained
transmutations after the experiment, Lise, with her nephew Robert
Frisch, worked out that the residue was the result of low-level
splitting of uranium atoms: nuclear fission.

[ Hahn had thought that neutrons hitting uranium atoms might result in
heavier metals as a residue. However Meitner was familiar with
Einstein's formula `E=m.c2' and realized that the lighter stuff found by
Hahn had actually been transmuted by a "nuclear" process. I.e. an action
taking place within the nucleus of an atom, hitherto thought to be
indivisible. ]

Importance

Although kept secret from ordinary people, this was revolutionary.

It showed that not only were there huge energies available from
"fission" but the energy could be produced either slowly and gradually,
for industrial purposes or, as was later ascertained,
quasi-instantaneously, for use as a weapon - a bomb.

Was credit given ?

Check your text books - Lise Meitner, female and Jewish, flunked
`establishment' test for real credit. The Nobel Prize for her actual
achievement was given instead to Hahn, described by some as her parasite
and betrayer.

Greatest Discovery # 5

Alice Stewart had to run gauntlets of hostile male professors and
aggressive male students before qualifying at Girton College, Cambridge.
However she was soon first woman member of the Association of Physicians
and youngest fellow of the Royal College of Physicians

During WWII her brilliant work for the Medical Research Council helped
establish the Oxford Survey as source of valuable though controversial data

She investigated effects of exposure to TNT, to carbon tetrachloride,
and then, post 1945, the connection between childhood leukemia and
mothers' exposure to x-rays. All of her - truthful - results were
bitterly opposed by powerful vested interests: many physicists and
radiobiologists and the corrupt International Commission for Radiation
Protection (ICRP)

In the USA she was invited by Professor T.F Mancuso to help with the
Hanford Survey of safety issues around plutonium production. Her results
- revealing 10 times the cancer incidence predicted - infuriated the US
Gov't, which immediately fired Prof Mancuso, suppressed the original
report and banned future use of independent consultants

[check same corrupt manipulation of `science' in UK and USA today]

Fighting on, using data from Oxford & Hanford Surveys, Alice Stewart
showed that the ICRP regulations were inadequate, by proving that adult
sensitivity to radiation was also ten times higher than the ICRP pretended

The British Government, also corrupt (bureaucrats' & politicos' normal
state), cut off all funds for her research and attacked her whenever
possible. However by this time she was being supported by grants from N
American institutions

Importance

Alice Stewart's epidemiological research eventually set in place
standards protecting children's and adults' safety, both in industry and
in many areas of ordinary life

Her long struggles against those `in power' have undoubtedly saved
thousands maybe millions of us from the radiation damage routinely
inflicted on the public by ignorant, uncaring or corrupt `authorities'
and arrogant, elitist male pseudo-scientists

Was credit given ?

Check your TV news - Alice Stewart flunked `establishment' test for real
credit

Greatest Discovery # 6

Chien-Shiung Wu - born in Shanghai and trained at Nanking National
University - moved to USA where she taught at Smith & Princeton before
research at Columbia. She championed woman's right to femininity and
freedom of thought, fighting pressures to be merely the `attractive
female' on campus. She was "openly critical of male chauvinism in science"

In 1956 she decided to test the "Law of Conservation of Parity" that
claimed "universal forces are not aware of "left / right" or "positive /
negative charge" or "N / S magnetic polarity"

Male-dominated `QUANTUM PHYSICISTS' supported "Law of Parity" - Richard
P Feynman made a $50 bet that Parity would be `conserved'

Chien-Shiung Wu tested it in low-energy electron movements - not
dominated by strong outside influences and micro/macro threshold forces.
A cobalt variety will leak electrons under certain conditions and
Chien-Shiung Wu proved that these charged "particles" were repelled by S
pole of a magnet only

Importance

For the first time we knew that electromagnetic states - both building
blocks and supporting forces of material Universe - actually slope from
"left - right" & from "positive - negative" & from "N - S"

[ Not known att - to be ingredient in UEF Theory ]

Was credit given ?

Science elite - forced to recognize overthrow of "Parity Laws" - chose
to give Nobel prize, not to Chien-Shiung Wu, but to T-D Lee and C.N
Yang, male physicists who'd speculated on the possibility without coming
to firm conclusions

No need to check your text books - Chien-Shiung Wu flunked
`establishment' test for real credit

Greatest Discovery # 7

Vera Rubin's independence was disapproved of by the Church and - because
she was a woman - she was not allowed into offices of the Applied
Physics Laboratory when George Gamow invited her to visit. The elite's
chauvinism forced Rubin and Gamow to conference in the lobby

Despite this she decided to study the movements of galaxies and in 1970,
with Kent Ford, she began to look at Andromeda's M31, our nearest big
neighbour

The galactic whirlpool should have been moving fast at the center and
much slower towards the rim (like swirling water in a bucket). But that
wasn't happening !

Rubin concluded that the real galaxy extended much further out and was
made of 'dark matter' that did not radiate light

She'd found something which the establishment said didn't exist - Dark
matter

[ From the data she also concluded that our local galaxies were being
drawn towards Pegasus - this was also derided by the establishment. It
was finally confirmed - by male astronomers - but not until more than 20
years later ]

Importance

For the first time scientists were able to realize invisible materials
and forces existed in the Universe. And that these were probably the
major influence in the Universe

Was credit given ?

Check your text books - Vera Rubin flunked `establishment' test for real
credit

Greatest Discovery # 8

1973 - Beatrice Tinsley wrote a paper [Gott, Gunn, Schramm, Tinsley -
Astrophysical Journal 1974] in which she and her colleagues analysed the
cosmic data

The establishment's preferred view was of a 'closed' universe - doomed
to collapse. That suited both the Churches and the science / social Elite

Astronomers of the day were forcing their data to support the 'closed'
Universe idea. They classified stars in giant elliptical galaxies as
young, hydrogen-fed stars, so as to make their age and distance fit a
short-term 'doomed' Universe

Tinsley challenged this; she said they were red giants and therefore
older. Some years later (1974) Jay Frogel - astronomer of Ohio State -
determined their infra-red signatures. They were red giants

But before that happened Tinsley and her team sought the density
parameter of all the matter in the Universe - a figure called Omega. If
it was greater than 1, the Universe would eventually collapse - a Big Crunch

But if Omega is less than 1, the Universe is open and will expand
forever - the Long Journey.

The four colleagues analysed the three available attributes of the
Universe:-

a) checking the brightness of the Universe: Omega = 0.01 (low, because
some matter is 'dark'];

b) checking the 'gravitational' movement of the Universe: Omega = 0.1;

c) checking the deuterium content of the Universe compared to normal
hydrogen -

Deuterium = transition stage between hydrogen and helium. Created in the
Big Bang it's an accurate indicator of early density. If deuterium had
been scarce - (less than 1 : 1,000,000 or so) - the Universe might've
been dense and 'closed'

In 1973 the Copernicus satellite measured absorption lines in
interstellar light (so showing make-up of matter `in-between').
Deuterium was at least 1 : 50,000, and therefore Omega = 0.1

But it took a while for Tinsley to find a journal to accept their paper.
The establishment's "Nature" refused it, saying it was "inappropriate" - Ha!

It seems the establishment's fear of an eternal future was still too strong

Importance

The Universe is a one-off. And it is 'open' - expanding forever. We
travel the Long Journey!

Was credit given ?

Check your text books. The establishment's dislike for the idea explains
why it didn't - and even now doesn't - get much reporting

Update!
Finally the establishment - NASA, media etc - have had facts forced down
their throats. Check "humble pie"

But Beatrice Tinsley flunked `establishment' test for real credit

Greatest Discovery # 9

1996-7 We modestly suggest : "the UEF Theory"

Uniting the so-called "Forces" - not by tortuous mathematical trickery
[GUTs - quantum magic etc] but by an economical, rational replacement of
the whole sorry mess

Bringing promise of an inexhaustible energy source, enabling f.t.l
communication and propulsion and the necessary protection for f.t.l
transport; maybe even ensuring we can survive the eventual death of our Sun.

Importance

From our warnings (of September 2000), the UEF theory forecast the
existence of the problem of flight-trauma, and immediately began saving
thousands of lives each year, often of women and their unborn babies

Scientists writing after 2000* will, in future, be seen as cowardly or
just plain silly for clinging to superstitions "forces" - nuclear,
gravitational & electromagnetic, or more magical quantum `exchanges'

2000* - UEF papers were first circulated to selected scientists in 1996
but have only been made widely available more recently

Was credit given ?

Check your newspaper. Establishment's dislike of the news can be seen by
the UK's gov't science & technology department['NESTA'] and the BBC's
efforts to suppress the data

Discoverer flunks `establishment' test for real credit

Old September 14th 04, 03:57 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Imperishable Stars" wrote in message
gers.com...

You really *Don't* have an original thought do you?

Pleas give correct credit when you lift whole texts in futu

http://www.perceptions.couk.com/greatest.html

By the way, Bryan, Cepheid Variables, one of the great candlesticks which
allows us to know the universe is billions of years old, and helps measure
the redshift and expansion rates, yes, Henrietta Leavitt was given credit,
because she discovered the period luminosity relationship. I have no idea
what text books the owner of the webpage you lifted it all from uses, but
ALL of my text books (and some of them are old first editions) which deal
with Cepheid variables, give credit to Henrietta.

Perhaps before you lift whole texts in future, you might want to research
the claims.

here's a FEW sites that show the claim on that site is DUMB (and it's no
wonder you select it as a source).

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~soper/MilkyWay/cepheid.html

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...o/cepheid.html

The AAVSO (a rather LARGE organisation) studies Cepheids, and gives her
credit, and EVERY ASTRONOMER (amateur or professional) who has ever studied
Cepheids KNOWS it was Henrietta, and also UNDERSTANDS HOW she figured it
out. It's part of the courses.

http://www.aavso.org/vstar/vsots/0900.shtml and what does that site say?
"uring the late 1800s/early 1900s, Edward Pickering, director of Harvard
College Observatory, hired many women to function as "computers" to reduce
astronomical data. Pictured here is one of Pickering's many cheap hires,
Henrietta Swan Leavitt. In addition to recognizing the Period-Luminosity
relation, Leavitt is credited with discovering about 2400 variables during
the course of her work."

And this site shows Henrietta and some more of the "Harvard Women"

http://www.astro.livjm.ac.uk/courses...on/cepinp1.htm

HINT: try not to argue with those who know more than you. It merely shows
your ignorance.

SNIP of the rest

Old September 14th 04, 04:11 AM
Cactus88

Imperishable Stars wrote:
| Many other ideas and theories are stolen all the time by the
| 'scientific' establishment and ofcourse we can't have 'credit' given
| where credit is due, because after all most of the people who have their
| ideas stolen are shut out and called quacks usually anyways.

Sounds like pure political propaganda to me, and as such, cannot be relied
upon, on its face, as accurate in any way, shape, manner, or form. Extensive
verification would be necessary, which I have no desire to perform.
Not to say that there aren't many examples of misplaced and/or stolen credit
for scientific breakthroughs, but your exclusive use of women, minorities,
and the poor guy as the wronged parties ring agenda alert bells.
Heck, you even left out the case of a super minority, extraterrestrials, who
at the Roswell UFO crash in 1947, brought to our world, the transistor,
which
Bell Labs got credit for around a decade later. Next thing you'll tell me is
that
it was really Tipper Gore who invented the internet.
C88

Old September 14th 04, 04:26 AM
Imperishable Stars

Wally the local alt.astronomy troll/kook and number 1 asshole can't help
but to be a sociopathic obsessive compulsive nutcase.

Wally Anglesea wrote:

"Imperishable Stars" wrote in message
gers.com...

You really *Don't* have an original thought do you?

Look in the mirror kook, and when you see your asshole looking back at
you, don't cry, its just your perception of reality.

Old September 14th 04, 06:08 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Imperishable Stars" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Wally the local alt.astronomy troll/kook and number 1 asshole can't help
but to be a sociopathic obsessive compulsive nutcase.

By the way, did you happen to notice the copyright notice on the website you
parroted your stuff from?
Tut tut.

What makes you think God wants theives and liars supporting him?

Wally Anglesea wrote:

"Imperishable Stars" wrote in message
gers.com...

You really *Don't* have an original thought do you?

Look in the mirror kook, and when you see your asshole looking back at
you, don't cry, its just your perception of reality.

Aww, poor parrotting kook. Doesn't like his reality bubble being busted.

Old September 14th 04, 08:20 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Wally
Anglesea writes

.cable.rogers.com...

Wally Anglesea wrote:

"Imperishable Stars" wrote in message
gers.com...

You really *Don't* have an original thought do you?

Look in the mirror kook, and when you see your asshole looking back at
you, don't cry, its just your perception of reality.

Aww, poor parrotting kook. Doesn't like his reality bubble being busted.

Wally, for the Nth time, if you and the others would ignore him he would
go away.
Old September 14th 04, 08:53 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message , Wally
Anglesea writes

t.cable.rogers.com...

Wally Anglesea wrote:

"Imperishable Stars" wrote in message
gers.com...

You really *Don't* have an original thought do you?

Look in the mirror kook, and when you see your asshole looking back at
you, don't cry, its just your perception of reality.

Aww, poor parrotting kook. Doesn't like his reality bubble being busted.

Wally, for the Nth time, if you and the others would ignore him he would
go away.

Yeah, I know, but if he posts twisted lies, I gotta point out the truth
occasionally ( I rise to the bait, I realise). I was ****ed off at the crap
he posted about Henrietta, who is one of my favourite contributors. Even
though paid as a "computer" which some at the time considered a "feminine",
and unimportant job, she got credit for her stuff, from the beginning. She
was a smart woman. And being a "computer" required meticulous attention to
detail. It was by no means frowned upon.
Maybe my initial response taught someone something new.

Old September 14th 04, 03:14 PM
Cactus88

Cactus88 wrote:
| Imperishable Stars wrote:
|| Many other ideas and theories are stolen all the time by the
|| 'scientific' establishment and ofcourse we can't have 'credit' given
|| where credit is due, because after all most of the people who have their
|| ideas stolen are shut out and called quacks usually anyways.
|
| Sounds like pure political propaganda to me, and as such, cannot be relied
| upon, on its face, as accurate in any way, shape, manner, or form.
| Extensive verification would be necessary, which I have no desire to
| perform.
| Not to say that there aren't many examples of misplaced and/or stolen
| credit for scientific breakthroughs, but your exclusive use of women,
| minorities, and the poor guy as the wronged parties ring agenda alert
| bells.
| Heck, you even left out the case of a super minority, extraterrestrials,
| who at the Roswell UFO crash in 1947, brought to our world, the
| transistor, which
| Bell Labs got credit for around a decade later. Next thing you'll tell me
| is that
| it was really Tipper Gore who invented the internet.
| C88

Couple of lame jokes there at the end, I know, I know. But someone says
you are a troll. Is this true, I.S.? If so, I shan't paticipate in your
feeding.
You are hereby on probabtion. An appointment with my killfile will be
your fate if you don't play fair. Non-mainstream opinions? Fine! Bring 'em
on! I have many of those myself. But ad hominem and gratuitous attacks
for effect? Tsk tsk...
C88

Old September 14th 04, 07:06 PM
Imperishable Stars

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

Look in the mirror kook, and when you see your asshole looking back at
you, don't cry, its just your perception of reality.

Aww, poor parrotting kook. Doesn't like his reality bubble being busted.

Wally, for the Nth time, if you and the others would ignore him he would
go away.

Aww poor whine asses; also suffering from egomania and not just
sociopathogical obsessive-compulsive disorders. You aren't that
important to me kooks.

Old September 14th 04, 09:59 PM
Saul Levy

The real quacks here are YOU (and MIN)! The details didn't copy over
again...

Your presentation contradicts your claim of no credit for each
finding. Items 1-4 and 7-8 are part of standard astronomical history
with which I am very familiar. Whoever wrote that crap must be only
reading children's books which rarely give named credit. All of those
scientists (and I assume the other 3) have gotten plenty of credit for
their discoveries. What you posted are hideously-biased accounts of
what really happened.

I've worked with Vera Rubin at Kitt Peak (and Kent Ford). I know Jay
Frogel too. Whoever wrote this crap didn't notice that Vera is a VERY
Jewish woman. Her mannerisms and accent remind me very much of many
of my female relatives! Anyway, I had to laugh at the thought that
THE CHURCH disapproved of Vera! I'd like to ask her about that point.
Jews don't pay much attention to THE CHURCH!

Also, what exactly are problems with flight-trauma, and what do they
have to do with fundamental forces in the Universe, possible ftl
flight and airplane trips? That item sure seemed to be pushing the
envelope in kooky crap!

How about adding Halton Arp to this list? Someday he may get his
credit stolen just like the others (!), but that will have to wait for
his ideas to be proven first!

Mad Fool's posting of this deserves a LOT MORE ridicule than just the

Saul Levy