California Utility to Capture Solar Power in Space...Article

Old October 9th 09, 08:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default California Utility to Capture Solar Power in Space...Article

Pat Flannery wrote:
Derek Lyons wrote:
And much of the current alt.space fandom were born into that cult,
even though they now belong to a splinter group.

About the time Timothy Leary got involved, the handwriting was on the
wall for the L-5 Society.
It had become another Utopian social concept, with the big problem being
that no two Utopians can agree on what Utopia should be like in detail.
The idea of taking all the economic nutjobs, amateur social scientists,
drug-addled misfits, and social malcontents in the world and sticking
them in a big tin can in space does have a great appeal to it though,
particularly if they never return from it.

I'm sure they want to get as far away as possible from you and Fargo,
North Dakota as well.

Pat