Calling Captain Nightbat

Old February 20th 12, 08:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Calling Captain Nightbat

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:12:52 -0800 (PST), "G=EMC^2"
wrote:

On Feb 20, 9:38*am, Painius wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 05:42:09 -0500, HVAC wrote:
On 2/15/2012 7:21 PM, Double-A wrote:

He's dead. Show some respect please.

Are you just kidding around? When? What happened? Seriously.
4HEAD

Awhile back HVAC was telling everyone that I was dead. *Yet here I am,
as annoying as ever!

So I exaggerated a wee bit....Where's the harm?

None really, except perhaps to yourself. *From Aristotle, we are
given:

"Liars when they speak the truth are not believed."

And Mark Twain observed and noted:

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."

And finally, a "truth" from Sam Butler:

"Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to
know how to lie well."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristot...%28novelist%29

Only hateful people would wish the death of their fellow man. Its like
I have been posting GOPers in power kill and steal,and being in the
top of the 1% are above the law. Ron Paul is the exception. Watching
him on TV he is a nice person. The rest of the bunch **** TreBert

Oh, c'mon, Bert... How nice can he be after delivering over a thousand
babies into this zany, mixed-up world? G

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine @ http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
Old February 20th 12, 11:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:03:54 -0500, Painius
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:53:08 -0500, HVAC wrote:

On 2/20/2012 9:38 AM, Painius wrote:

So I exaggerated a wee bit....Where's the harm?

None really, except perhaps to yourself. From Aristotle, we are
given:

"Liars when they speak the truth are not believed."

And if I should say, "I'm now lying" ?

Riddle me that, Ari.

We'll call that "Harlow's Paraducks"...

QuackQuackVAC.

By the way, HistoryChallengedVAC, Ari was Platty's student, who in
turn was a student of "The Teez" (Socrateez, that is), and it was
Socrates who came up with the "Liar's paradox", which, by complete and
total coincidence, is also called "Socrates' paradox". I'm surprised
Plato didn't claim it, since the alliterative value would've been so
much higher. (Just kidding.)

Anyway, for those who don't see the paradox (I certainly didn't long
ago when I first came across the Liar's paradox), this is how it goes:
HVAC says, "I'm now lying."

If he is actually lying, then his saying that he is now lying is a
lie, and he must be telling the truth. Yet, if he is telling the
truth, then his saying that he is now lying is the truth, and so he
must be lying.

BUT:

If he is actually lying, then his saying that he is now lying is a
lie, and he must be telling the truth. Yet, if he is telling the
truth, then his saying that he is now lying is the truth, and so he
must be lying.

BUT:

If he is actually lying, then his saying that he is now lying is a
lie, and he must be telling the truth. Yet, if he is telling the
truth, then his saying that he is now lying is the truth, and so he
must be lying.

And *that* is the nature of the Liar's paradox. Here's another form
of it:

The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is false.

That one might be a little easier to follow. Best to you all!

Old February 20th 12, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

It's called Schizophrenic-Bipolarism, or just Double-LLPOF, and in his
case it's a genetic mutation from too much family incest, which of
course they're also in denial about.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Old February 21st 12, 12:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 2/20/2012 6:25 PM, Painius wrote:

By the way, HistoryChallengedVAC, Ari was Platty's student, who in
turn was a student of "The Teez" (Socrateez, that is),

Seeing how someone took YOU to school on this very
subject less than a year ago, the winner of the History
Challenge may be in dispute.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old February 23rd 12, 12:57 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Feb 20, 6:46*am, Forrest Piper
wrote:
On Feb 20, 9:03*am, Painius wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:46:05 -0500, HVAC wrote:
On 2/16/2012 11:56 PM, Brad Guth wrote:

It's perfectly okay for Jews to kill other Jews, just like they did
for Hitler, and getting Jesus Christ put on a stick wasn't exactly a
Jewish form of hazing.

Jesus was tried under Italian law, punished under Italian law,
and the entire crucifixion was carried out by Italian police.

Or so the story goes...

The story also has it that the highest ranking Italian washed his
hands of the crucifixion, thus leaving it up to the local Jewish
people. *And as you know, this resulted in the highly successful
Christian religion comprised of various Catholic and Protestant

You assume that they were highly successful - but that is only because
of the way in which all of these sects decided how they would perform
baptisms. Matthew 28:19 says "Goe ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Sonne, and of the
holy Ghost:". Different religions will interpret that verse according
to how the word "Name of the Father", which to this day is a mystery,
and has been covered up. The Pope steps in to be the High Priest and
intercessor, and seen as a "Father", many of the mainline Protestant
denominations baptise their people "in the Name of the Father, the
Son, and the Holy Spirit - which is a Trinitarian Doctrine, and yet
still others baptise in "God's Name" or even "Jesus Name".

The most important thing of all has been left out of every single one
of these denominational doctrines of men - it is the actual NAME of
God, which has been covered up for over 300 years. If you look at the
Scriptural reference of who Peter was referring to when he said (He
was NOT reading out of a bible - the bible had not been written yet!)
"And it shall come to passe, that whosoeuer shall call on the Name of
the Lord, shalbe saued" (Acts 2:21) was JOEL of the Old Testament:
"And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of
the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall
be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the
LORD shall call." (Joel 2:32)

But what "Name" were they referring to? It was the Name of the Creator
of Heaven and Earth - YHWH, or pronounced "Yahwah".

So to answer the reason why there are so many denominations and
doctrines of men - it is because each and every doctrine has been
based upon another "Name", that was never even introduced into bibles
after the King James (red letter edition - 1772).

Those still remain as our Christian/Jewish roots, according to a
"Oneness doctrine", currently being accepted.

I suppose it's kind of like when you work on a car. *Some
will tell you that if you don't shed a little blood, the dern car just
won't run right.

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine @http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
"History is extremely kind to those who write it."

What about El?

Double-A

Old February 23rd 12, 02:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 07:11:05 -0500, HVAC wrote:

On 2/20/2012 6:25 PM, Painius wrote:

By the way, HistoryChallengedVAC, Ari was Platty's student, who in
turn was a student of "The Teez" (Socrateez, that is),

Seeing how someone took YOU to school on this very
subject less than a year ago, the winner of the History
Challenge may be in dispute.

You are confusing me with someone else, DingVAC. I've known about the
Greeks since I was in my twenties. (Didn't care much for history
while in the lower grades. Developed a fascination for it after
Vietnam, though.)

My favorite history subject is the history of astronomy, natch!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine @ http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
"Shall you dream? or just keep sleeping."
Old February 25th 12, 01:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristot...ia.org/wiki/Ma...

Only hateful people would wish the death of their fellow man. Its like
I have been posting *GOPers in power kill and steal,and being in the
top of the 1% are above the law. Ron Paul is the exception. *Watching
him on TV he is a nice person. The rest of the bunch **** * TreBert

Then why not stipulate that none of those GOPers (aka mafia) are
Muslim?

Old February 25th 12, 11:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Yes, sometimes I think my own parents were crininals for bringing me
into such a world!

Double-A

Old February 26th 12, 01:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

wrote:
[...]

Then we are definitely not alone!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine @ http://astronomy.painellsworth.net/
"There is buried treasure within your fear!"