The reality of what we See ????

Old February 6th 04, 03:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default The reality of what we See ????

Well I posted a few months ago that a firefly can fool us as being a
shooting star under the right conditions. Now I have had a story in my
mind for many years. Its starts in ancient Greece about 2300 BC They
have just started using realism in their paintings(in the past all
painting were two dimensional.) They held a contest,and it took place
at the coliseum . These two artists, had their painting covered with a
huge blue cloth screen,and a long gold tassel to pull the screen back
and reveal the painting. The fellow artist asked his rival to pull back
the screen and reveal his painting,and he did and the painting was of a
large cherry tree. The crowd went wild,as blackbirds tried to pick the
cherries. Now came the other artists turn. He asked his rival
to go over and pull the tassel,and reveal his painting. He walked over
reached out to pull the gold tassel to open the blue cloth screen,but
could not do it for they were the painting. Who would you make the
winner? Bert

Old February 6th 04, 04:09 PM
John Zinni

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Well I posted a few months ago that a firefly can fool us as being a
shooting star under the right conditions. Now I have had a story in my
mind for many years.

Its starts in ancient Greece about 2300 BC They
have just started using realism in their paintings(in the past all
painting were two dimensional.)

"These copies suggest that around the time of the Persian Wars (490-479
B.C.E.), Athenian artists begin to experiment with spatial depth, shading,
and color blending to indicate volume and even linear perspective."
http://www.beyondbooks.com/art11/2d.asp

They held a contest,and it took place
at the coliseum .

The Coliseum (The Amphitheatrum Flavium) is in Rome and was built between
70AD-80-AD.

Old February 7th 04, 07:01 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

JohnZ You are right I should have left it as "Acient Greece" I should
have used stadium,instead of coliseum (OK?) JohnZ you never answered
the question who should have won,and that is the most impotant part of
my story. You find fault with words,and miss reality Bert