Sun's rotational speed

Old September 24th 03, 10:57 AM
onegod

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
The sun spinning so slow should have a wobble?? Like a slow spinning top.

Not really, wobble is cause by fact that top is not in low enegy state.
Thus during transition
from enough spin and angular momentum to hold it up...

If it was in outer space, it can spin very very slowly without type of
wobble you see on earth.

Could the part of the nebular the star is created from be the
answer why stars all have different spinning rates. If that is true
stars created in the middle of the cloud should spin faster. Could
faster spin add to the stars mass?

While it does add, it is NOT significant.probably... unless pulsar.

I saw some TV program where so called INNER galaxies are more likely to be
spiraling while
outer galaxies are less. This suggest to me that chances are galaxies does
not need spin to form, and rather interaction between galaxies causes spin,
this would also explain galaxies that have spiral are usually in plane.

It adds to its inertia,and inertia
and gravity are the same thing.(equivalent Einstien) I guess you could
say the energy(motion) of the universe is just as important as its
matter. One physicist even said it was more important. Bert

I dont believe in ONE bigbang.... Perhaps there are tons of black hole and
so call big bang and out observable universe is just a collision of 2 big
black holes.

Alternative I can believe is.... Black holes are UNIVERSES. Imagine even
horizons are bidirectional. Things fall in black hole and if you look at it
from other side, it is exploding from point. In other word, we tend to
think of black hole as sphere of event horizon... but due to TIME inside is
infinite space.

Old September 24th 03, 04:42 PM
Dave

The sun spinning so slow should have a wobble?? Like a slow spinning
top.
Not really, wobble is cause by fact that top is not in low enegy state.
Thus during transition
from enough spin and angular momentum to hold it up...

If it was in outer space, it can spin very very slowly without type of
wobble you see on earth.

I assume you meanby wobble, that a spinning top precesses about the
vertical. This is because of torque produced by gravity.
As you know, such effects cause the earth's spin axis to precess with a
period of around 26000 years.

Could the part of the nebular the star is created from be the
answer why stars all have different spinning rates. If that is true
stars created in the middle of the cloud should spin faster. Could
faster spin add to the stars mass?

While it does add, it is NOT significant.probably... unless pulsar.

I saw some TV program where so called INNER galaxies are more likely to be
spiraling while
outer galaxies are less. This suggest to me that chances are galaxies

does
not need spin to form, and rather interaction between galaxies causes

spin,
this would also explain galaxies that have spiral are usually in plane.

Assuming you mean inner galaxies in clusters. I believe these are more
likely to be elliptical, which don't appear to have any fixed spin axis, and
possibly created by interactions/mergers of galaxies.

It adds to its inertia,and inertia
and gravity are the same thing.(equivalent Einstien) I guess you could
say the energy(motion) of the universe is just as important as its
matter. One physicist even said it was more important. Bert

I dont believe in ONE bigbang.... Perhaps there are tons of black hole

and
so call big bang and out observable universe is just a collision of 2 big
black holes.

Alternative I can believe is.... Black holes are UNIVERSES. Imagine even
horizons are bidirectional. Things fall in black hole and if you look at

it
from other side, it is exploding from point. In other word, we tend to
think of black hole as sphere of event horizon... but due to TIME inside

is
infinite space.

I think all that's just conjecture.

Dave

Old September 24th 03, 11:04 PM
onegod

Well, from SIMPLE observation question of top so answer is not type of axial
robble but rather causes... Anyway, type of top that he was talking about
is regular ones that would "fall down" if it was not spinning. Top as well
as contact are imperfect, but with enough angular momentum, it is self
correcting When you spin top, it spins well for while then wobbles and lay
on its side eventually....

Anyway, this spin speed vs stability has nothing to do with sun which are in
freefall. For example, moon dont really spin relative to earch but more or
less stable and dont have wobble.

Old September 26th 03, 04:51 AM
Odysseus

onegod wrote:

Anyway, this spin speed vs stability has nothing to do with sun which are in
freefall. For example, moon dont really spin relative to earch but more or
less stable and dont have wobble.

The moon does wobble, a bit; this motion is called "libration".

--
Odysseus

Old September 26th 03, 11:42 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Odysseus It would seem with the moon pulling the Earth's vast
oceans(water being heavy) that could cause the Earth to wobble(spin out
of balance) OOPS I just remembered there is a high tide at the other
side of the Earth at the same time. Bert

Old October 3rd 03, 05:18 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

If the Sun was compressed down to the size of the Earth how fast would
its rotational speed be? Bert