Orion XT series scope in Dallas - Fort Worth?

Old May 12th 04, 01:35 AM
Mark McCauley

Default Orion XT series scope in Dallas - Fort Worth?

I live in the DFW area and am considering the purchase of one of the Orion
XT scopes (or similar). Is there someone in the area who has one that would
let me look through it some night when they have it out or at a viewing
party?

Old May 12th 04, 03:39 AM
Tom Hole

"Mark McCauley" wrote in message
I live in the DFW area and am considering the purchase of one of the Orion
XT scopes (or similar). Is there someone in the area who has one that

would
let me look through it some night when they have it out or at a viewing
party?

How fer a piece is San Antonio?

http://www.astromart.com/viewad.asp?cid=270660

Tom

Old May 12th 04, 06:27 AM
CLT

By going to http://skyandtelescope.com/resources/organizations/ you can find
all the local clubs and may find someone there.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
And the Lunar Picture of the Day http://www.lpod.org/
************************************

Old May 13th 04, 01:06 AM
Shady Wheaton

Try this in Austin
http://www.austinastronomy.com/ 1.5hrs closer Very helpful owners and
clientel hanging about . Starparty @ Mansfield Dam every Friday and
also some impromptu ones during the week. I bought an XT10 from a guy
in Dallas about 2yrs. ago and we met in Temple at the Starbucks parking
lot. I ended up selling it and gretting my NS8GPS. should be something
in Dallas too. Orion has a good return policy so you may just want to
order direct. Always fun getting gifts you send yourself in the mail..
Good Luck. Shady

Old May 13th 04, 01:54 PM
Wes Bolin

A friend in our little astronomy club has a XT-8 for sale. He lives in
Texarkana. Our club meets this Sat night in Nashyville, AR for a
cook-out and
viewing if the sky cooperates. TXK is about 170 miles from DFW.
Please reply
privately if interested.

Wes
Red River Astronomy Club