CC30M filter?

Old July 11th 03, 01:00 PM
Richard DeLuca

Default CC30M filter?

Hi,

Was going through all my filters last night and ran across a Vernonscope
color filter with the designation CC30M. I must have bought it ages ago.

Going thru S&T, I can't find it listed from any other source. It
appears to be a light violet- is that what it is?

Starry Skies,
Rich
Old July 11th 03, 04:18 PM
Richard DeLuca

In article ,
John Steinberg wrote:

Richard DeLuca wrote:

Was going through all my filters last night and ran across a Vernonscope
color filter with the designation CC30M. I must have bought it ages ago.

Going thru S&T, I can't find it listed from any other source. It
appears to be a light violet- is that what it is?

I have a Tiffen CC30M: It's magenta.

Thanks John,

No wonder I hadn't used it in a long time. Think I'll try it on Mars
next chance I get.

Rich
Old July 11th 03, 05:31 PM
DustyMars

We used a CC35M for years and I lost mine somewhere. DP and I would mount
the filter in a microscope glass slide. Hum, maybe it's still lodged in my
eye!

Jeff

"Richard DeLuca" wrote in message
news

Old July 12th 03, 04:47 AM
Richard DeLuca

In article ,
"DustyMars" wrote:

We used a CC35M for years and I lost mine somewhere. DP and I would mount
the filter in a microscope glass slide. Hum, maybe it's still lodged in my
eye!

Only one? I would have thought you'd have at least a red and a blue
lodged in your eye.

Last time at the eye doctor, I asked if he saw any sign of cataracts.
"No more than would be expected for your age" was his flip reply. So I
see at least a permanently-attached yellow filter in my future.......

Starry Skies,
Rich
Old July 12th 03, 05:12 AM
Joe Bergeron

In article
, Richard
DeLuca wrote:

Hi,

Was going through all my filters last night and ran across a Vernonscope
color filter with the designation CC30M. I must have bought it ages ago.

Going thru S&T, I can't find it listed from any other source. It
appears to be a light violet- is that what it is?

Starry Skies,
Rich

I have one too. It's magenta. It makes Mars look a lot more
Mars-colored than it really is. I like it for that reason alone.

--
Joe Bergeron

http://www.joebergeron.com
Old July 12th 03, 02:53 PM
Richard DeLuca

In article ,
Joe Bergeron wrote:

I have one too. It's magenta. It makes Mars look a lot more
Mars-colored than it really is. I like it for that reason alone.

Boy, you're right on that one. Kodachrome Mars!