HEADLINES: Sidewalk Astronomer Floats Away!

Old January 10th 05, 05:10 PM
starlord

Default HEADLINES: Sidewalk Astronomer Floats Away!

FTL NEWSFEED: It has been reported that with the filling up of the AV area
to become the newest inland sea of Calif. that a witness saw the "Lone
Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond" trying to reach dry land by using his big
dob telescope as a life raft. The try failed when a fresh water shark went
on a feeding spree and the man was last seen trying to battle the shark.

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Old January 10th 05, 10:01 PM
TF

Having a bit too much rain in So-Cal are we???

Only thing I saw in the news was a Double-wide floating away....

:-)

Hey, if the weather wont Co-op, punch your own hole-in-the-sky with a GLP or
better yet, a HPR Mod_Roc.

:-) :-)

TF

Old January 10th 05, 11:41 PM
Martin R. Howell

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:10:53 -0800, starlord wrote:

FTL NEWSFEED: It has been reported that with the filling up of the AV area
to become the newest inland sea of Calif. that a witness saw the "Lone
Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond" trying to reach dry land by using his big
dob telescope as a life raft. The try failed when a fresh water shark went
on a feeding spree and the man was last seen trying to battle the shark.

Okay Dennis. . .you can exhale now ;o)

--
Martin R. Howell
"Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"
Old January 11th 05, 12:33 AM
starlord

First of all, I don't do HPR Mod_Roc's. They cost way more than I can
afford, and with the BATEF permits and other stuff needed and me living
right next door to EDWARDS AFB, they are way out of my field.

Just to much rain.

Old January 11th 05, 12:34 AM
starlord

and no one said anything about the FTL Newsfeed: that's a tip of the hit to
the Sci-Fi Channel.

--

"Martin R. Howell" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:10:53 -0800, starlord wrote:

FTL NEWSFEED: It has been reported that with the filling up of the AV

area
to become the newest inland sea of Calif. that a witness saw the "Lone
Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond" trying to reach dry land by using his

big
dob telescope as a life raft. The try failed when a fresh water shark

went
on a feeding spree and the man was last seen trying to battle the shark.

Okay Dennis. . .you can exhale now ;o)

--
Martin R. Howell
"Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"
http://members.isp.com/universeofama...nomy%40isp.com

The Astronomer Triangle Florian Amateur Astronomy 12 November 20th 04 10:57 PM
From the Sidewalk starlord Amateur Astronomy 1 August 2nd 04 09:10 PM
From the Sidewalk starlord Misc 0 August 2nd 04 07:00 PM
AL National Young Astronomer Award reminder EFLASPO Amateur Astronomy 0 January 15th 04 03:38 PM
Anyone use Scientific Astronomer for Mathematica? Shinji Ikari Amateur Astronomy 5 November 10th 03 10:44 PM