Mars Obs 13.7.03

Old July 13th 03, 08:01 PM
Paul Henney

Default Mars Obs 13.7.03

Location: Sheffield UK
Time 00:20 - 01:00 UT
Instrument : f/9.8 120 mm achromat.
10mm kellner ; 7.5mm plossel, 2x barlow
Seeing was poor. SPC distinct but little other detail other than vague dark
mass towards SW limb (? Mare Erythraeum according to
MPII).

Hoping for better than this given that disc diam. was about 19 arc seconds
but assume will need to wait until Mars rises a bit higher..can't afford to
be that late up :-)

pj

Old July 14th 03, 11:03 AM
Lawrence Harris

Hello Paul

I have a neighbour's tree that stops me seeing Mars until almost
twilight. I watched and videoed it recently and found the disc less
detailed than expected. We have the moon interfering to some extent for
a few days.

I did astrometry instead.

regards

Lawrence Harris