Are they Sending babies to Space?

Old July 14th 03, 02:38 AM
Paul Morrissey

Default Are they Sending babies to Space?

Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
because I am against that.
Thanks,
TP
Old July 14th 03, 02:44 AM
Richard Schumacher

Paul Morrissey wrote:

Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
because I am against that.
Thanks,
TP

No, no! Is NASA *making* babies in space? And where are the videos?

Old July 14th 03, 10:49 AM
Brian Gaff

"Paul Morrissey" wrote in message
om...
| Hello,
| I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
| Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
| was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
| research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
| think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
| survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
| Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
| because I am against that.
| Thanks,
| TP

Thanks for the laugh!

I imagine, should we ever want to reproduce off Earth, someone will do it,
but at the moment, young animals flown on missions would give people all the
information they would require, I think. Whether the ethics of flying
animals needs discussion is something else altogether.

I guess that an ethics debate would precede any attempt to form a
sustainable community of humans off Earth.

In other words, if we reproduce, are we infringing the rights of an unborn
child by exposing it to the risks, as yet unknown, of being conceived, and
born in an alien environment.

But then, do we consider this on Earth when unwanted pregnancies occur and
run to term either?

Not a debate for here, I fancy.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff....
Email:

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 15th 03, 03:47 AM
Jorge R. Frank

Richard Schumacher wrote in
:

Paul Morrissey wrote:

Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
because I am against that.

No, no! Is NASA *making* babies in space? And where are the videos?

I hear you can buy them here, but be forewarned: they're quite explicit.

http://www.xavdream.com/product.asp?...t=&sku=DPCK006

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old July 15th 03, 08:48 AM
Terrence Daniels

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message
I hear you can buy them here, but be forewarned: they're quite explicit.

http://www.xavdream.com/product.asp?...t=&sku=DPCK006

--
JRF

HA! I love that plot description.Sylvia Saint as an astronaut? Actually I
think if any porn star is astronaut-qualified, it's Asia Carrera. Supposedly
she's pretty smart.

Surely there must be better pun-titles for space porn than the "Uranus
trilogy".

Old July 15th 03, 08:52 AM
Terrence Daniels

"Paul Morrissey" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
because I am against that.
Thanks,
TP

"Won't somebody PLEASE think of THE CHILDREN!"

*ahem* Sorry. Somebody had to say it.

Interesting question... They've sent married astronauts up. What if they
brought their kid along? Infants can't be totally safe anywhere, really...
But if you rigged up a mini-space suit and made sure that the kid was
attached to the parent at critical times (like how you can double up while
skydiving, or when parents carry kids on their chests, etc.)... Hm.

Probably pointless to think about. It's 4 AM and I need to get to bed.

Old July 15th 03, 12:41 PM
Dale

On 13 Jul 2003 18:38:21 -0700, (Paul Morrissey) wrote:

I am totally against sending babies into space.

So where should we send them instead? They can't
stay here. We need our sleep.

Maybe we could send them to France?

Dale
Old July 15th 03, 12:46 PM
Dale

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:44:00 -0500, Richard Schumacher wrote:

No, no! Is NASA *making* babies in space? And where are the videos?

Try alt.binaries multimedia.erotica.space

It's inspiring to see velcro used as God intended it to be.

Dale
Old July 16th 03, 07:02 PM
Celcius

"Mike Speegle" wrote in message ...
In news:Maxpower typed:

Babies would not even survive the trip into space. If babies can die
by sleeping on their face how can a baby tolerate liftoff?

Given that babies have been known to survive falls of several
stories unhurt belies your statement. The shuttle only takes a maximum
of 3g's on launch.

Falling at one G is different than being launched at 3Gs. You also
should take into account the terminal velocity of a baby when falling.
Terminal velocity does not exist inside a shuttle cabin.

As for falling you are correct babies are resiliant. Bones are still
mostly cartilage the layer of fat and the light weight contibute to
the survival of a fall.

I hate to see a baby during shuttle launch though.

Baby Survives 80 foot drop. ("crashing through several tree branches
before landing on the ground")
http://www.casperstartribune.net/art...da2c989114.txt

Newborn baby survives fall down 30ft snake infested well
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_650000.html

Toddler survives fall from second floor
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/news...0-7752A1DC213D

FrontierCD - NASA Image Compilations