A real astronomical experience

Old September 20th 06, 08:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

Default A real astronomical experience

The ever changing orbital orientation of the Earth is just about to
align with fixed axial orientation with the imaginary lines of
longitudes passing almost parallel through the orientation signified by
direct radiation and the Earth's orbital shadow -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...easonearth.png

In an era where careless men alter astronomical things with the
greatest abandon,it would take a genuine astronomer to appreciate that
the Earth does not vary its tilt to the Sun,the orbital orientation,due
to the Earth's orbital motion,changes against fixed axial orientation.

The great sweep of the Earth on its axis through the orbital shadow and
into light is shared globally by all people living along the same lines
of longitude twice a year before the axial and orbital oreintations mix
together in an asymmetrical way.

The great bi-annual astronomical event and nobody cares about anything
but meaningless definitions,pity that,the alignment is a true
astronomical beauty

Old September 20th 06, 08:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
St. John Smythe

oriel36 wrote:
The ever changing orbital orientation of the Earth is just about to
align with fixed axial orientation with the imaginary lines of
longitudes passing almost parallel through the orientation signified by
direct radiation and the Earth's orbital shadow -

Say what you will, but I *like* my astrolabe.

--
St. John
In 1869 the waffle iron was invented for people who had wrinkled waffles.
Old September 20th 06, 08:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

St. John Smythe wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
The ever changing orbital orientation of the Earth is just about to
align with fixed axial orientation with the imaginary lines of
longitudes passing almost parallel through the orientation signified by
direct radiation and the Earth's orbital shadow -

Say what you will, but I *like* my astrolabe.

--
St. John
In 1869 the waffle iron was invented for people who had wrinkled waffles.

Your variable ttilting Earth to the Sun looks like this -

http://www.scienceu.com/observatory/...s/earthyrb.gif

The grace to recognise the majestic sweep of the Earth in its orbital
motion and how the changing orbital orientation is now almost aligning
with and crossing the axis of the Earth and the sweep of imaginary
terrestial longitudes from pole to pole with through the global line
where the orbital shadow and radiation meet.

You mock yourselves and this is fine,the great astronomical occurence
is just one of those things for real astronomers to enjoy and it
certainly does not beg your attension or your judgements.That is why it
is an experience.

Old September 21st 06, 04:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
AustinMN

oriel36 wrote:

The great bi-annual astronomical event and nobody cares about anything
but meaningless definitions,pity that,the alignment is a true
astronomical beauty

The only beauty is how you can use such complex words and tortured
syntax to say virtually nothing.

Austin

Old September 22nd 06, 08:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36

AustinMN wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

The great bi-annual astronomical event and nobody cares about anything
but meaningless definitions,pity that,the alignment is a true
astronomical beauty

The only beauty is how you can use such complex words and tortured
syntax to say virtually nothing.

Austin

Look and see what happened to sci.astro.amateur in the space of a few
weeks.

The other side of astronomy is there for people with enough
intellectual and intuitive intelligence ,it requires no money and no
equipment but generates a satisfaction many magnitudes greater than
imaging and magnification astronomy.

You inhabit the season of astronomical winter whereas I catch glimpses
of the unstopable astronomical Spring and its emergence from the horror
and barreness of the empirical era..

Who will make things new ?.