For all the Super Bowl fans ...

Old February 2nd 14, 02:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default For all the Super Bowl fans ...

A guy named Bob receives a free ticket to the Super
Bowl from his company. Unfortunately, when Bob
arrives at the stadium he realizes the seat is in the
last row in the corner of the stadium - he's closer
to the Goodyear blimp than the field.

About halfway through the first quarter, Bob notices
an empty seat 10 rows off the field, right on the 50
yard line. He decides to take a chance and makes
his way through the stadium and around the security
guards to the empty seat. As he sits down, he asks
the gentleman sitting next to him, "Excuse me, is
anyone sitting here?" The man says no.

Now, very excited to be in such a great seat for the
game, Bob again inquires of the man next to him,
"This is incredible! Who in their right mind would
have a seat like this at the Super Bowl and not use it?"

The man replies, "Well, actually, the seat belongs
to me, I was supposed to come with my wife, but
she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we
haven't been together at since we got married in
1967."

"Well, that's really sad," says Bob, "but still,
couldn't you find someone to take the seat?
A relative or close friend?"

"No," the man replies, "they're all at the funeral."